Debilitated moon

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
archer
Contributor
Contributor
Debilitated moon

Post by archer » 07 Jul 2013

Hi
Is debilitated moon really a weak one? or very stronger than in taurus? i searched few horoscopes

steve jobs horoscopes moon in navamsa debilitated
Albert einstein horoscope moon debilitated in rasi
Abdul kalam horoscope moon debilitated in rasi.
any comments? :idea:

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Debilitated moon

Post by exalted mars!. » 14 Jul 2013

hi..,the neech moon in scorpio gives very sharp and dominative speech and mind..(especially in jyestha)..,but as it's moon u cannot judge him untill,u seen paksha bala,kala bala etc..
Best regards
Exalted mars!

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 14 Jul 2013

Debilitated moon has low emotions - Moon is a very emotional planet. So debilitated moon means high in logic and low in emotions....they don't care what you think as they speak their mind.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

khushi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by khushi » 14 Jul 2013

Ok , if moon in taurus in rashi n moon deb. in navmansa??
Wht results will show up?

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 14 Jul 2013

Exalted moon has a high emotional curve, people display high state of emotions for good and bad news.ex people born in Rohini nakshatra will find it difficult to supress their emotions - so they speak openly even about private matters which can make some people uncomfortable...this is just an example...but you get the idea.

Edit: I don't apply exaltation/debilitation for divisions.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 14 Jul 2013

It looks to me that most "researchers" have debilitated Moon.
It is almost a pre-requisite I guess due to the nature of work that requires one to apply rational logic irrespective of their life events and not be swayed by their emotional reaction to the topic.

archer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archer » 14 Jul 2013

hi,
i have exalted ketu & debilitated moon in navamsa, how ketu will work or moon? i have red Ketu represents Flag (pataka). Whenever Ketu is conjunct any planet who's in its own sign/MT/exaltation Ketu increases the power of that planet by 4 times (i.e. takes its flag very high). It even take it higher if Ketu is also in exaltation/MT sign. (e.g. JL Nehru).

here the situation is exlated ketu with debilitated moon, which is powerful planet? does ketu will increase 4 times moon ?

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 14 Jul 2013

Nodes will amplify their house lord characteristics if they are alone. If they conjunct any planets then they pass their effect on to them. So, whatever the strength a node possesses, it is mediated through the planet and gives its effect through planet.

A strong node with a weak graha is likely to dominate all the significations represented by the planet. Ketu will be great for intuition, and spiritual progress path. But Ketu+Moon detachment can come across lack of sympathy, headless mistakes, and inability see material reality corresponding to the house/karatwa of Moon.
All this in Rasi chart.

archer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by archer » 14 Jul 2013

Hi VioletTwilight,

thanks for your reply. in D1 moon is sitting in 10th house alone ( sag) and ketu in 5th house cancer. i was born in sukhla paksha pachami tithi, on Monday, the day for moon. which chart ( D1 or D9) should i consider for looking yoga & aspects?
22-11-1971
14.30, chennai, India

rosebud0810

Post by rosebud0810 » 15 Jul 2013

The Moon reflects happiness and peace of mind and generally, the afflicted Moon in chart denotes exactly the opposite. Moon in Taurus generally shows the following characteristics: carefree, conventional, good friend, will be happy in the middle and end period of life.

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rita » 15 Jul 2013

I have a relative (female) with debilitated moon (Scorpio) in Jyestha. She is very stubborn and fixed in her attitude and speech. She always believes that she's right and will not change her mind if someone tries to convince her otherwise. Sometimes comes across as rude when speaking. She's also extremely secretive, hides her true emotions. She's also very self-centered, only takes an interest in something/someone if she has something to gain. She does not like taking advice from elders and always tends to do what she wants, without caring about their feelings.
Warm Regards

Rita

rosebud0810

Post by rosebud0810 » 15 Jul 2013

Rita, could your relative benefit wearing gemstones to lessen the effects of the debilitated moon? Would wearing a pearl setting in silver and wearing it on the small finger help her?

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rita » 15 Jul 2013

rosebud0810 wrote:Rita, could your relative benefit wearing gemstones to lessen the effects of the debilitated moon? Would wearing a pearl setting in silver and wearing it on the small finger help her?
Thanks Rosebud, however she doesn't think there's anything wrong in her behaviour, so the question of wearing a gemstone wouldn't arise. Also she doesn't believe in astrology and is not religious either. She just believes in herself, she's very strong physically and mentally. As Elipses mentioned
elipsis wrote: debilitated moon means high in logic and low in emotions
I was just listing the traits that I have seen of a debilitated moon in Jyeshta
Warm Regards

Rita

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 15 Jul 2013

Debilitated does not mean weak or incapable. The Sanksrit word is neecha, it means that - fallen.

And Scorpio like all rasis have different Nakshatras - to assume each of those will cause moon to fall is incorrect. In fact, Moon in Jyeshta will give leadership, or prominence in life, other factors being not considered. One has to understand the mythology and deity rulership to truly understand the Nkashtra. Jyestha is ruled by Indra. This explains why the native will get, or try and get a leadership role, by hook or crook when moon is placed here. Indra as we all know adopted any means to stay on his throne, so will the native.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by exalted mars!. » 15 Jul 2013

chandra lagna right!!.,,
Jyeshtha people are very aggresive and they jump on peoples ideas...,and quite capable of leadership roles...,but ths guys suffers in emotional relationship as the cannot share same stage as ofthere partner...
:|

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rita » 16 Jul 2013

exalted mars!. wrote:chandra lagna right!!.,,
Jyeshtha people are very aggresive and they jump on peoples ideas...,and quite capable of leadership roles...,but ths guys suffers in emotional relationship as the cannot share same stage as ofthere partner...
:|
Yes, very true. The relative I mentioned above is definitely NOT a team person. She's only happy doing things on her own, and in her own way, on her own terms. And that is not only with her husband, but with anyone. I've also noticed she's NOT emotionally close to her mother, and have never seen her spend time, helping or going for a day out with her mother. It seems her mother doesn't have any influence on her.
Warm Regards

Rita

exalted mars!.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by exalted mars!. » 16 Jul 2013

ha ha ha jyeshtha peoples main behaviour is as"i know better than u!"...lolz:D

Agora
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Agora » 16 Jul 2013

Last edited by Agora on 20 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Agora
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Agora » 16 Jul 2013

Last edited by Agora on 20 Dec 2013, edited 1 time in total.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 16 Jul 2013

Agora wrote:
@Elipsisji and CLji and others :- What planetary combinations are suggesting my behaviour?? My moon behaves the way that you are thinking? So, I will also land up in a leadership role by hook or crook ? :-P
There is no combination for that. Its not a hard and fast rule that all Jyestha people are "hard headed", sometime after 26th year - these guys will be normal like other nakshatras. And if the ascendant lord is too strong then you don't notice Jyesta people behave like "know it all". Where as people born in Moola star remain arrogant forever, these guys are even stronger than Jyesta people and will carry their qualities forever.

Jyestha is the heart of the Scorpio zodiac and a very old star in the Indian Vedic Astrology, it was among the first stars to be born- along with Moola, Poorva Shada, Anuradha and Vishaka...so all of these stars have similar qualities.

The investigative qualities of Jyesta comes from the scorpio zodiac. In general scorpions live under the rocks or beneath the soil which helps them to attack other creatures by surprise. So scorpio people like to dig deep and investigate...so do Moola natives but they never come up.

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rita » 16 Jul 2013

Thanks Elipsis. Valuable information on the 'older' nakshatras.
elipsis wrote:Its not a hard and fast rule that all Jyestha people are "hard headed", sometime after 26th year - these guys will be normal like other nakshatras. And if the ascendant lord is too strong then you don't notice Jyesta people behave like "know it all".
My relative has her Lagna, Sun and Moon all in Scorpio, and Moon as well as Lagna are in Jyeshta nakshatra. Whereas the ascendant lord Mars is in its own sign Aries (6th house). Do you think that's why even at the age of 40 years she's so stubborn and hard headed? I've known her for more than 10 years but haven't noticed any change in her nature or behaviour.
Warm Regards

Rita

KET

Post by KET » 16 Jul 2013

Elipsis ji

You are correct on all the listed things about Jyesta and Sc.
Sc owned by Mars one has to see when Mo Nk is Jyesta... if Ju aspects Jyesta Mo...the isssue will be sorted out effeciently.....even in deep research, auditing, undercover tasks this aspect from Ju will be fruitful and Ju should be benefic to that Asc to a greater extent. However Mars in kendra to Moon... issue of mind?
Jyesta folks will always buld their castle to live in.
It also depends. Jyesta native when they born in Rahu kalam or in which hora... their behaviour.

Regards

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

rita wrote:Thanks Elipsis. Valuable information on the 'older' nakshatras.
elipsis wrote:Its not a hard and fast rule that all Jyestha people are "hard headed", sometime after 26th year - these guys will be normal like other nakshatras. And if the ascendant lord is too strong then you don't notice Jyesta people behave like "know it all".
My relative has her Lagna, Sun and Moon all in Scorpio, and Moon as well as Lagna are in Jyeshta nakshatra. Whereas the ascendant lord Mars is in its own sign Aries (6th house). Do you think that's why even at the age of 40 years she's so stubborn and hard headed? I've known her for more than 10 years but haven't noticed any change in her nature or behaviour.
Well...its quite possible. And there are remedies for it.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

KET wrote:Elipsis ji

You are correct on all the listed things about Jyesta and Sc.
Sc owned by Mars one has to see when Mo Nk is Jyesta... if Ju aspects Jyesta Mo...the isssue will be sorted out effeciently.....even in deep research, auditing, undercover tasks this aspect from Ju will be fruitful and Ju should be benefic to that Asc to a greater extent. However Mars in kendra to Moon... issue of mind?
Jyesta folks will always buld their castle to live in.
It also depends. Jyesta native when they born in Rahu kalam or in which hora... their behaviour.

Regards
Ket ji,

That's right. Let me enlighten you more with what my teacher told me once...

The nakshatras in each sign are capable of serving their house lords only, for example: only Jupiter has the capacity to fully accomodate Moola nakshatra, meaning the planet itself has the natural strength to digest the knowledge that comes out of it, where as with Moon or Mercury doesn't have the right tools to accomodate such stars mainly because they fall in the domain of Jupiter, which is why they'll start behaving abnormally. Similary, for Scorpio only mars has the mental agility to utilise jyesta or anuradha because strongness of the mind is required for that sign at the end of the day. But here is the thing

we have to find out what planets can be accomodated in these signs...

1. Sagittarius can accomodate Aries and Leo in its sign - because their lords have the power to digest Moola and Poorvashada.

2. Scorpio does well to Pisces and Cancer...so moon does rather well here- provided Jupiter and Mars are well placed (not just in Kendra).

The trinal signs are capable to serving each other- so planets that are friendly to the house lord - do well here.

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 16 Jul 2013

Dear archer,

Exaltation and debilitation in divisional charts has only limited effect. Their influence is limited to the area of their rule. Rasi chart has primary importance in seeing the material influence on life. D9 is more 'Dharma' and spiritual plane, like finding Ista Devata. So, you should first focus on D1 chart for seeing yoga and aspects.

Having said that, D9 does play an important role since it is considered to show "luck" or "blessings". But, it is still only a supporting role. It cannot show a material result by itself.

Pt. Sanjay Rath considers exalted and debilitated planets in Navamsa are good for making one very rich. Over all, there is more positive in your Navamsa with all Navamsa kendras being occupied, strong Sun, Jupiter, Venus, and a lot of planets in Navamsa kendras and trines.

Best regards,
Violet