Tidbits on Nakshatra

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Tidbits on Nakshatra

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 14 Jun 2013

Hi Learned Members

The following are taken from classics and unearthed by Dr. Suresh Chandra Mishra, a renowned Vedic Astrologer.

1st Tidbit
-----------

What does your birth nakshatra (of natal moon) speak?
There are 12 keywords for 12 equal segments of nakshatra tenure, i.e. 13° 20’ / 12= 1° 06’ 40’’ each. Readers may test the wisdom of our sages.

Serial
no. Nak. elapsed Effect
1 1°06’ 40’’ Instable mind, weird emotions
2 2 13’ 20’’ Association with the state
3 3 20’ 00’ Harm from subordinates, servants
4 4 26’ 40’’ Wealth, worldly comforts
5 5 33’ 20’’ Reputed in his own field
6 6 40’ 00’’ Inferior health
7 7 46’ 40’’ Headman, leader, flag bearer
8 8 53’ 20’’ Depression, introvert
9 10 00’ 00’’ Part success, digestive disorder
10 11 06’ 40’’ All success and help from opposite sex
11 12 13’ 20’’ Good success
12 13 20’ 00’’ Easy gains and success

Readers may test the wisdom of our sages.

I have Jupiter and Rahu in (12) above and Mercury in (11). I am attracted to the written word.

To be continued............

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tidbits on Nakshatra

2nd Tidbit
-------------

Dasha Phal from Dasha Vaahan (vehicle) :
Count from the natal moon’s nakshatra upto the nakashatra operative at the beginning of dasha or bhukti. Divide the number by 9. The remainder indicates the serial number of Vaahan of the dasha lord. It manifests as follows:

1.Donkey-Litigation, dispute or confrontation;
2.Horse- journey, wisdom, right decisions;
3. Elephant- gains, achievements;
4. Buffalo- disease;
5.Jackal- fear, depression;
6. Lion- victory, success;
7. Crow- worries;
8.Peacock- wealth;
9.Swan- victory.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 14 Jun 2013

Interesting post.
Just to clarify,
My moon in Shatabhisha, so would I count from 6.41 degrees Aquarius(where Shatabhisha begins), up to the degree that my moon sits in it , then match that number to the number in your first post?
for instance, my moon lands 7 degrees into Shatabhisha, so "7 7 46’ 40’’ Headman, leader, flag bearer"
Is this method correct?

I'm not sure as for the second posts method... Is it the nakshatra the MD lord was transitting? Or sitting in natally, in the Rasi chart? Or...?

And the moon nakshatra description does fit me, I'm usually starting projects and leading teams - infact always elected the "Headman, leader, flag bearer"

One more thing - say for my Sun at 1.59 Aries - Would that count as the #2 section of Ashwini? because the first part ends on 1.06, yes?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi GNE

Your 1st question to the 1st post I give you the answer again.

For each planet (including your Moon), see which Nakshatra it sits. Then see which 12th part of the Nakshatra that planet sits. Each 12th part is 1 degree 6 minutes.

So for example Stabbatashik starts from 6 degree 40 minutes ONWARDS of Aquarius. Then see how many 12th parts must be passed through including the 12th part which the planet is in to reach the position of your planet starting from 6 degrees 40 minutes onwards and then match the number to the list in the 1st post.

For the 2nd post, it is the number of Nakshatras the MD or AD lord is sitting in the natal chart counting from the Moon's natal Nakshatra. Then do the required formula computation on that number to get the required number you want and then match it to the list in the second post.

(Nothing was mentioned about transit. So when one reads, by default it should be the natal char.).

Best Regards
Hock Leong

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 14 Jun 2013

Khoo, do you consider abhijit nakshatra for this?
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Elipsis

For this concept, the classics do not consider abhijit nakshatra, as for most concepts in Nakshatra. Abhijit nakshatra Is usually considered for concepts dealing with electional astrology and for those that deal that deal with yogas involving nakshatras.

GNE

Minor correction. 1st post deals with counting the 12th parts of a nakshatra for the moon only. Not for the other planets. But it seems to work for other planets too and that is why used it for Jupiter and Rahu in my chart as an example.

But Moon is the one that the concept refers to just like the 2nd concept in the 2nd post.

Best Regards
Hock Leong
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 14 Jun 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

GNE

In fact 1st concept you can use it for the Lagna that is exactly rising in your chart too.

And 2nd concept you can also use it for Lagna if you are taking Vimsottari Dasa from the Lagna instead of the Moon.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Elipsis

By the way when I say Yogas, I mean planetary patterns where the kind of planet involved makes a difference which is not the case here for the two concepts introduced in this thread.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 14 Jun 2013

You know this 13° 20’ transit of moon and sun forms Nitya Yoga which impacts the overall auspiciousness of the chart. Lets say you have moon at 06’ 40’ but in Vriddhi yoga - that changes effect of the nakshatra.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, you can use transit as a supplementary concept in the case of the 2nd concept when talking about the mahadasa and the bukhti with reference to the natal Moon after counting the Nakshatras starting from the Moon's nakshatra and using the formula given.

Then we can look at the transits between the Sun and the Moon at particular moment. But the transit is not part of the overall integrated 2nd concept. Neither is the Sun-Moon Yoga existing in a particular natal chart which we can do a separate analysis.

We thus have to interpret accordingly taking into account the transits after we have made an assessment using the 2nd concept.

Jagannadha Rao
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Jagannadha Rao » 15 Jun 2013

Interesting & new fact Mine is Chitta III Nakshatra Tula Rasi53'. 29 76'
Please guide how to go ahead
happiness is to Give, love is to Sacrifice & Knowledge is to Share

Jagannadha Rao
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Jagannadha Rao » 21 Jul 2015

I too have jupiter rahu in 12. ( House of Vrishabh) Can you please exchange your leanings on this.
happiness is to Give, love is to Sacrifice & Knowledge is to Share

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 21 Jul 2021

Hi,

These are interesting titbits on nakshatras.

There is also a concept wherein each nakshatra (13deg 20min) is divided into 60 parts (each part being 13min 20sec). Predictions are given for Moon's placement in each of these divisions.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."