Is Rahu really exalted in Taurus?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 09 Mar 2009

I take Rahu to be exalted in Taurus and have found it working well. Parashara does list this as the exaltation sign for Rahu, and Ketu in Scorpio as exalted, and K.N. Rao insists on it. However, what's important to remember is that Rahu and Ketu are impressionable planets and take on the characteristics of their dispositor (ruler) and also planets that aspect or conjunct them. I do also agree that Rahu is well placed in Mercury's signs, Virgo and Gemini, but I don't consider it exalted in Virgo. Parashara also lists Rahu in Gemini and Ketu in Sagittarius as their mulatrikona signs. Vaughn Paul

SUNIL DUTT

YOUR REPLY

Post by SUNIL DUTT » 09 Mar 2009

SIR, GREAT TO SEE YOUR REPLY. PLEASE POST SOME ARTICLE ON RETROGRADE PLANETS,ALSO CAN CONDUCT SOME RESEARCH ON THIS FORUM,SINCE SO MANY GOOD ASTROLOGERS ARE VISITING THIS SITE. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS IDEA. REGARDS SUNIL DUTT

Caliber
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Rahu and Ketu does well in Mercury signs

Post by Caliber » 10 Mar 2009

David Frawley also suggests that Rahu and ketu does well in Mercury Signs such as Gemini and Virgo.

Basab

Post by Basab » 10 Mar 2009

What about Rahu in Pisces?

Basab

Post by Basab » 10 Mar 2009

[quote="SriRama"]Rahu can be considered a magnifier :) Anything that comes under influence of Rahu gets magnified whether for good or bad. Rahu is that planet which provides extra boost/strength to the area which it influences....again it could be for good or for bad./quote]

Would you please explain this with examples. Like will Jupiter get strengthened when conjunct with Rahu or will Mercury get strengthened when conjunct with Rahu? Rahu is known to eclipse the planet it is with and thus afflict it, so how can it strengthen the planet it gets conjunct with? :roll: Would also like to know how to determine when Rahu in conjunct with a planet will be for good and when it will be bad.

Basab

Post by Basab » 13 Mar 2009

Sri Rama,

You have wonderfully explained as to how Rahu expands the qualities of the planets it gets associated with, but then how is it eclipsing the same planets? Would be very glad if you take up any one planet and explain how Rahu magnifies its significance as well as eclipses its significance simultaneously.

You said: "Ra with Ju: On positive side could represent a person who has a good life abroad/inclined to explore other faiths/beliefs"

What is the reason Rahu-Jupiter will take a person abroad?

You said: "Ke with Ju: This combination is very good for spirituality, may denote someone who is very spiritual but too humble to admit that. Ketu is withdrawn remember!"

But isn't Ketu magnifying the qualities of Jupiter rather than repressing it here?

Thanks once again.

Ashok
Contributor
Contributor

Results of Rahu

Post by Ashok » 21 Mar 2009

I have personally verified the "magnified" results of Rahu especially when exalted in Taurus. The key is the major aspect & association ruling Rahu.

For example, Shah Rukh Khan has Rahu exalted inthe 10th house aspected by 4th and 9th lord Mars who is in 4th house in Scorpio.
See the remarkable status & fame the actor has achieved. Note
that Mars although a natural malefic is a yogakaraka owning 4th
& 9th house.

In another case, I have seen Rahu exalted in the 2nd house aspected
by 2nd lord Venus. The native has exceptional verbal skills, and Rahu
proved extremely beneficial bestowing great material blessings related
to means of livelihood (2nd house).

Here, I would like to say that Rahu can do the impossible. For example,
a man can be killed by snake poison but concentrated snake poison in the form of an antidote can actually save a person from death by snakebite. Similar is the effect of a benefic Rahu. He does what no other planet can do. This is, of course, true in different ways for all the planets.

Rahu gives extraordinary material abundance & fame but he is by nature insatiable and his results practically prove that material abundance does not lead to inner contentment. Strong Rahu also makes a person quick, powerful, royal and fearless.

Remember, Rahu is the "asura Raja" or king of the demons ie: he rules the materialistic ocean of ego/desire/attachment/illusion ie: samsara in which most beings are entangled.

Ashok

devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

rahu

Post by devpatel » 09 Nov 2009

I agree,

Other great people with exalted Rahu in Upachaya are,

George W Bush - Taurus Rahu Exalted in 11th house
became the World's most powerful man.

Sonia Gandhi - same Rahu in 11th house
Indias most powerful person

There are many other like Digvijay singh and other
remarkable people with Rahu Exalted of taurus in
upachaya.

It is certainly seen that NO other planet can bestow the results
what a Exalted rahu can, especially in upachaya.

Majority of people who become leaders have thier Rahu's in
upachaya.

Cheers, Dev

devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

rahu

Post by devpatel » 14 Nov 2009

About my Rahu antardasha at present,

I have Rahu in 3rd house, exalted in taurus. Moon in pisces
in Lagna. Jupiter in 9th house.

I am passing thru Rahu antardasha at present in Venus Mahadasha.
Its been the best time ever so far in
my life. It was unbelievable.... cant write more coz of confidentiality.
In Feb and March 09, few thing really changed and i did
get what i wanted. Also I used to work a stressful job until the rahu sub period began, now i am in a much better position.
I am 100 % sure that the next 2 years are going to be extremely
fruitful and my wishes will come true.
Here, In my case , Rahu occupies the 3rd house Exalted from Both the lagna
and moon , hence results are certain and effective.

Please add your comments dev

Nitin21

Re: rahu

Post by Nitin21 » 14 Nov 2009

[quote="devpatel"]About my Rahu antardasha at present,

I have Rahu in 3rd house, exalted in taurus. Moon in pisces
in Lagna. Jupiter in 9th house.

I am passing thru Rahu antardasha at present in Venus Mahadasha.
Its been the best time ever so far in
my life. It was unbelievable.... cant write more coz of confidentiality.
In Feb and March 09, few thing really changed and i did
get what i wanted. Also I used to work a stressful job until the rahu sub period began, now i am in a much better position.
I am 100 % sure that the next 2 years are going to be extremely
fruitful and my wishes will come true.
Here, In my case , Rahu occupies the 3rd house Exalted from Both the lagna
and moon , hence results are certain and effective.

Please add your comments dev[/quote]

Rahu gives good results in 3,6 and 11. For you the additional bonus is exaltation and rahu being in 3rd from lagna and moon both. God bless you :)

lalanphakir

Post by lalanphakir » 15 Nov 2009

Dear Friends,

"Rahu gives good results in 3,6 and 11. For you the additional bonus is exaltation and rahu being in 3rd from lagna and moon both. God bless you"—

Astrosonu you are absolutely right. I have a very close relative, who had Rahu in the 3rd house in Meena. A classic example of Kubera yoga. And it has worked. He is one of the most highly regarded homeopath in kolkata and has amassed a huge fortune. But he attained this after he was 38 years of age. Before that, he was living a very ordinary life of an accountant. He got interested in homeopathy at around 32-33. Got into Medical College—studied for 4 years. Started his profession around late 36. Within two years he was going up.

Also, I wonder about Sachin's Horoscope. He has Rahu in the 4th house (sagittarius). Should we consider Rahu in Sagittarius debilitated?

Infact my mother has rahu in the first house in Sagittarius. She's running rahu dasa for the last 7-8 years. It's been going really well for her. Keeping fingers crossed. Her lagna lord Jupiter is exalted in the 8th house. Is Rahu in this case amplifying the power of the lagna lord Brihaspati?

Also there's request: my brother in law has just entered Rahu-Dasa. His Rahu is in the 10th house in Taurus. His chart is:

Lagna—Simha
Kanya—blank
Libra—blank
Scorpio—Ketu
Dhanu—Moon
Makara—Blank
Kumbh—Shukra
Meena—Shani, Sun
Mesh—Mangal
Vrisha—Rahu
Mithuna—Brihaspati
Karkata—Blank

Do you think this dasha will be good for him?

Thanks
Lalan

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 18 Nov 2009

Rahu dasha will bring extraordinary gains for him in the field of his work.

lalanphakir

Post by lalanphakir » 18 Nov 2009

Dear Astrosonu,
Thank you so much for your reply. :) He is running Rahu-rahu right now. Things are improving. But could you please tell me, which antardasha would be most gainful. Will it be rahu-venus? Rahu is in venus house and venus is in rahu's house (if we take aquarius as Rahu's own sign). There's a parivartan yoga between 7th and 10th houses. Do you think it will be good for him?

Thanks a tonne
Lalan

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 19 Nov 2009

The good angles from where rahu is placed will be most beneficial. Specially if there are any exchange of good houses, you can expect exponential gains. Rahu in its dasa ONLY will act like its dispositor i.e. the owner of that particular house.

Caliber
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Caliber » 19 Nov 2009

Hi Astrosonu,

As you said, RAHU will act like its dispositor, how do we determine, he will give good results in 3,6 and 11.

For ex: I have RA in 3rd house where as its dispositor ME is in 8H. So, RA has to give bad results though placed in 3H.

Please share your knowledge. Thanks

Nitin21

[quote="Caliber"]Hi Astrosonu,

As you said, RAHU will act like its dispositor, how do we determine, he will give good results in 3,6 and 11.

For ex: I have RA in 3rd house where as its dispositor ME is in 8H. So, RA has to give bad results though placed in 3H.

Please share your knowledge. Thanks[/quote]

Rahu will give results as if placed as mercury in 3rd ONLY during rahu dasa. For all other times, rahu will act as itself in 3rd house which is also an upachaya house. Rahu will benefit the individual in this house.

Nitin21

This is true only if Rahu is not conjoined with any other planet in that house. Another thing to remember with Rahu is that if there is an aspect of a benefic like a jupiter on it, Rahu does not do bad, whichever house it is posited on.

Caliber
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Caliber » 19 Nov 2009

[quote="astrosonu"]
Rahu will give results as if placed as mercury in 3rd ONLY during rahu dasa. For all other times, rahu will act as itself in 3rd house which is also an upachaya house. Rahu will benefit the individual in this house.[/quote]

Thanks a lot Astrosonu.

If you have time, please analyze my chart.

Male, 11.11.1964, 17.20 Hrs, Guntur.

Also, please see my D10 where in ME is placed in 12H.

devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

rahu

Post by devpatel » 19 Nov 2009

Rahu is materialism

Upachaya is accumulation

Rahu in upachaya is materialistic accumulation, its almost like
the vasumati yoga. When jupiter - venus - Mercury aspect
such a rahu in upachaya by 7th aspect only, it bestows
high quality results. Yes, Rahu should be alone preferrably.

In my case further Bonus, is that, Rahu's dispositor venus
is conjunct with lord of Kendra(Mercury) And lord of
trikon(Mars). Mars and mercury with venus make Raja yoga, as lords of kendra and trikon.

Rahu gets a 7th aspect of jupiter, which
is the lord of trikon and kendra both, and rahu is alone
exalted in 3rd house.

But to whomever i have shown my horo, says that i will
progress only after marriage..

Dev

devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Kubera

Post by devpatel » 30 Nov 2009

Hi People,

I watch a astro program on Zee, whenever the astrologer
analyses the chart of a person with Rahu in 3rd house, he stops
and asks the person.. Do you think you can do anything?Then he
explains a sloka in sanskrit about the powers of Rahu in 3rd.

When I turn back the pages of my Horo, which was written soon
after my birth in 83' by a Marathi astrologer, he suggests in it
the name of the new born as daulatram, daulaji.

I have heard a lot and experienced a bit coz of rahu antarD
but, i would really want to know WHY huge bounty
only when in 3rd? What is Rahu's relation with Kubera and 3rd
house. This is especially in context of wealth than power.

Astrosonu, Lalanphakir, other gurus please explain if you'll
have vedic knowledge of this yoga.

If you'll see the horo of D.Ambani, susan boyle, Michael Jackson by
Sir Paul Manley in the front page of this website, this yoga
exists in these people charts. DEV

KRN

Post by KRN » 02 Dec 2009

I have Rahu in the 11th house in Libra, Mars in the 10th house of Virgo. Exalted Mercury in the 10th, formed Bhadra Yoga. I have always thought that I was rather lucky in career and financial matters. I don't indulge in share market trading, but in career there have been pitfalls but I always seemed to find a way out and carry on with my job. Many times I used to take a great amount of risks, that should put my job, and probably my entire future in jeopardy. Still, I always seem to manage somehow. But the flip side is that on those times when I really do put strong effort into something in my job, the expected results seem to evade me resulting in a lot of disappointment. In fact, all these illogical flip flops have led me to adopt a 'take it easy approach' in work..

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Is Rahu really exalted in Taurus?

Post by spidey » 14 Apr 2010

Hi Respected astrologers,

Very interesting discussion indeed !

I have exalted Rahu in Gemini in my 8th house.

My venus is in the 3rd house along with Mercury.

Lagna : Scorpio
2nd house : Ketu
3rd house : Mercury and Venus
4th house : Sun
5th/6th/7th : Empty
8th : Rahu
9th : Empty
10th : Moon
11th : Saturn and Mars
12th : Jupiter

So does that mean Rahu Mahadasha is going to give the results of Venus ?

Thanks and regards,
Spidey
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Is Rahu really exalted in Taurus?

Post by devpatel » 14 Apr 2010

Immensely Huge Rahu

Comparing economic growth stories of INDIA and CHINA + 3rd house of resources

Republic of China was formed on october 1, 1949 at 3.15 PM Beijing.
This chart has Rahu in 3rd in pisces, just see the tremendous
economic steroidal growth it has had.
Vs. INDIA

India has benefic planets and saturn in 3rd, still we are way behind China in terms
of infra, economy etc.. But with exalted Rahu in lagna, see the excess of
population we have. I am not saying this about China because, China has
a greater land area in comparison to its population.

rahu = mass multiplication

The Best example of how much powerful Rahu can be is the chart of SAM WALTON.

His Fortune if had not been distributed among his children he would have had almost 5 times the fortune of
Bill Gates, almost equal to $ 200 Bn, with the annual revenue of Walmart being in excess of $405 Bn.
These figures are just remarkable. Sam walton had sagg Rahu in 3rd. He hoped to achieve ordinary
success when he started the unbelievable mass proliferation of Rahu in 3rd house of Business, made
him the worlds best businessmen.