12th House- Expression of Moksha / High Spiritual Attainment

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
RSB
Contributor
Contributor
12th House- Expression of Moksha / High Spiritual Attainment

Post by RSB » 13 Nov 2012

Hello Dear Learned Members,

As we all know that 12th house is considered to be the end of the cycle i.e. Moksha. And some even say that it is a house of loss, expenditure, foreign, etc. The connotation of 12th house is negative (depending upon how you see it) unless we see it as high attainment spiritually. In my chart, being a Taurus ascendent has Sun (Exalted), Mer (Enemy), and Mars (Own house) sits in conjunction. My details are may 11, 1979. 7:01 am. Delhi. Now, these three planets in 12th house means LOSS? I do have a spiritual connection but not so much.. does it indicate anything in regards to my 12th house?

thanks and regards, rsb

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: 12th House- Expression of Moksha / High Spiritual Attain

Post by karthik1984 » 13 Nov 2012

Hi,
Have you married a girl who is outside your caste/State. Also how was your graduation studies ??

These things will give some hints.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 13 Nov 2012

12th is not the house of moksha or spiritual attainment. Planets don't have the power to grant moksha. 12th is the house of expenses, death and detachment which naturally makes some people turn towards spiritualism.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

RSB
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RSB » 14 Nov 2012

Dear Karthik,

I married a girl within my caste and it was an arranged marriage. And I am MBA in Finance from USA and had achieved honor's list along with the lots of awards including best thesis and best MBA Student of the Year.
Can you derive anything beyond this as i am eager to learn every bit of it. Many thanks!

Dear Elipsis,
Please pardon my ignorance with astrology as am still in a learning phase and has a long way to go. But many people have mentioned 12th house to be an ultimate reality leading to moksha. I would appreciate if you could elaborate and shed some more light on the spiritual attainment. Thanks a ton!
regards.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 14 Nov 2012

Dear RSB, Those that tell you 12th creates moksha aren't really sound. Planets don't have the ability to grant Moksha. What is Moksha? It means beyond the control of nature, no longer in the control of planets or angels. Liberation is a gift of God, planets on the other hand control nature and they want you to live and experience this world but not escape it. This is what irked some of the greatest philosophers of this world, they no longer wanted to be in control of these Planets or Nature. They wanted to be free and retain absolute control of their destinies, so they practiced yoga and finally came out of the control of planets, no longer bound by their fate. The first step of Moksha is the realization of the fact that you are a slave to the will of planets, only then you can gain control of your life through a slow and systematic approach which takes several rebirths and planets will one day open up the road to your total freedom, but they won't help you achieve it, its your call in the end.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

delilah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by delilah » 14 Nov 2012

elipsis wrote:12th is not the house of moksha or spiritual attainment. Planets don't have the power to grant moksha. 12th is the house of expenses, death and detachment which naturally makes some people turn towards spiritualism.
I like this.

Experiencing loss in the material world makes one usually turn to spiritualism.. so that is why 12th house is associated with spirituality. Most of my planets are in the 11th house. Including the lord of the 12th. The most extreme losses in my life have come through friends and relatives and many of my enemies in life were disguised as friends. Where the lord of the 12th sits usually has loss attributed to it. Of coarse the lord of the house it's sitting in must also be looked at. (in my case lord of the 11th is debilitated).

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 14 Nov 2012

RSB,

I have seen your other posts. You have problems related to Marriage etc. My opinion is that you may or may not get shifted to spiritualism. Only Mercury Maha Dasha will tell the real story.

If further losses related to anything happens in the coming periods , i.e in Saturn Maha Dasha , there are high chances that you will turn to spirituality.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

delilah wrote:
elipsis wrote:12th is not the house of moksha or spiritual attainment. Planets don't have the power to grant moksha. 12th is the house of expenses, death and detachment which naturally makes some people turn towards spiritualism.
I like this.

Experiencing loss in the material world makes one usually turn to spiritualism.. so that is why 12th house is associated with spirituality. Most of my planets are in the 11th house. Including the lord of the 12th. The most extreme losses in my life have come through friends and relatives and many of my enemies in life were disguised as friends. Where the lord of the 12th sits usually has loss attributed to it. Of coarse the lord of the house it's sitting in must also be looked at. (in my case lord of the 11th is debilitated).
In many cases the 12th lord owns two houses, except for Leo and Virgo ascendants- this means the 12th lord will have a moderating effect on the native's life, like learning from the losses and planning for a better future. So that's a bit of an advantage in my view. The 12th and the 1st are very powerful houses compared to rest, because the 12th eventually takes over when the end comes- there is no stopping it. There is no stopping birth and death, what you must realize is that 12th is only playing tricks on your mind- you can take no souvenirs when you leave this world-not even your iphone, which means you have gained absolutely nothing apart from experience. The best thing to do is to laugh it off.

delilah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by delilah » 14 Nov 2012

Unfortunately I am one of the unlucky Virgo ascendants. :) I have found what you say to be true. Loss is inevitable and the only things one can do is prepare for it, or learn from what one's lost. I spent my earlier years thinking Friends in life were an absolute necessity and through many losses from them, I have learned to rely and trust on myself first and foremost and draw strength on my own. Although it can be a lonely endeavor at times.

Since you mentioned the 12th only being associated with Moksha because of the loss it incurs it makes me wonder... is it possible the only reason the 11th is associated with gains is because of the gains that true friends tend to incur in one's life? When reading about all these wealthy people who have made something of themselves there always seems to be many people who have helped them along the way. Allies, close colleagues and associates, etc.. I was recently working for a company where two other employees did a very bad screw up. But only one of the employees lost a promotion due to it. The other one was promoted because there were at least four Junior employees willing to help him cover up his screw up so that the higher ups never found out about it. Both were generally liked within the company but one had allies and the other didn't. The one with allies gained and the one without did not. I do not have their birthcharts, but in general it does seem that friends and gain do go hand in hand. Allies offer support that help one rise in life.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You know there is a reason why the house of gains comes just before the house of loses, so whatever you gain you will have leave it there one day. This is why- 11th lord is considered a functional malefic, 11th lord creates these scenarios for gains and friendships, makes you very engaged, socially acceptable and in a wisp of smoke- at some point in your life you'll lose it all. Then you repeat the process over and over again. 11th is the 12th from 12th, so whatever you gain you will lose it and the cycle continues. Obviously, there are many successful people who have taken advantage of the 11th house but you always hear them being nostalgic in their private lives. Taking in to account the functional nature of this house you always have to draw a line on how much you want to depend on people for help, you need to draw a line somewhere- you don't want to push people to a point where your relationships with them are put to test. And if you do that you'll see the reality of life and people all around you which brings us back to 12th, this applies to every person you meet- its a simple matter of voltage.

Edit: btw, Virgo isn't unlucky. Its the most creative and energetic sign of all.

prateak.desai
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prateak.desai » 17 Nov 2012

D
Last edited by prateak.desai on 26 Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 18 Nov 2012

Only two planets aspect your 12th house, venus and mars. I don't consider Rahu's 5th aspect on either sides. Overall, its not too bad- weak aspects on the 12th isn't a big deal.

RSB
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RSB » 19 Nov 2012

Hello Karthik ji,

Thanks for response and sorry for the delay in writing back. I am already feeling that i am getting onto the spiritual path but considering the three planets sitting in 12th house will help in which direction is my main concern. I was quite a popular kid in school being a lead singer of a school band and was an authority in Cultural affairs. So, can that be attributed to Sun, being in exalted state? Can i still get popular in my stream? Does my Mercury indicates the financial gains are from foreign land? And what about Mars, in its own house -how will it really help me? I have so many questions but no answers yet. Also, i am confused as 12th house is a house of loss.... so kinda scared and concerned. please help. Also, other learned members, please feel free to explain the confusion here. thanks...

And i apologize for asking a very simple question (still a learner): For analytical purposes, do we first take Houses OR Signs into consideration? In my case, all three above mentioned planets are in 12th house in Aries (being Taurus ascendent). Now what really matters the most - houses or sign in which the planets formulates? Thanks in advance. kindest regards.

prateak.desai
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prateak.desai » 20 Nov 2012

Dear sir

thank you for the reply.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 20 Nov 2012

RSB, i believe in houses and the relation the planet has to the lord of the house. Mars being in 12th house would have been good , if it not holds lordship of 7th house. It is not good for marriage purpose but good for foreign purpose.

Sun exalted in 12th house means staying far away from the native place. Also Mercury placed in 12th house, means earning in foreign land.

I like to conclude that you staying in foreign land is more appropriate than in home country , as 4th lord is in 12th house and 4th house has been occupied by two worst enemies of Sun , i.e Saturn and Rahu.
You cannot be happy in home land.

RSB
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RSB » 20 Nov 2012

Dear Karthik ji,

many thanks once again for your feedback. I was wondering if Mars being in 12th house is not good for marriage - does it mean that i will never settled down properly in life (as per marriage goes)? I am currently going through a rough phase in my marriage (already separated in 4 months of my marriage) and seeking a divorce. But if i go for 2nd marriage -will i face the same consequence of being unhappy? This is very important as i will have to decide if i ever want to go for the 2nd marriage or stay single after the divorce and just focus on career, etc.

Sun in Exaltation in 12th house brings luck if i am outside the birth place (Delhi) i.e. if i move to Mumbai/Goa, will it help or i should completely leave home land? Do you think that attaining a business/work with foreign land can help too? Currently, i am undergoing Sat-Ve phase until Nov 2013 and then I will enter Sat-Sun dasha. Do you perceive the next phase of Sun AD phase being prosperous and will take me outside India? I myself don't want to live in India anymore, so will chalk out a plan to move for good after i have taken care of legal formalities, etc. In actuality, when do you see me leaving India forever and properly settled down?

Again, sincere thanks for your advice and seeking forward to hear from you. kindest, rsb.