Intelligence Revisited

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Intelligence Revisited

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 29 Jun 2012

Hi Learned Members

We know about Mercury in the 1st, 5th and 10th houses give great intelligence to a person from past posts.

3rd is also a secondary house of intelligence and 9th too being 5th of the 5th. Thus the 3rd-9th axis is one of the premier axes of intelligence. Planets PLACED in 9th especially, more so than even the lord of the 9th or even the 5th, are capable of EXTREMEME INTELLIGENCE.

Next would be the lord of the 5th. 5th is 9th of the 9th and 5th is the 3rd of the 3rd. The 5th house is the higher house of the 3rd-9th axis. But don't forget 9th is the 5th of the 5th and is opposite the 3rd which is a secondary intelligence house. Hence planets placed in 9th as stated above are capable of extreme intelligence.

Third would be the lord of the 9th.

Planets conjuncting the 5th or 9th which further contribute to intelligence are :

(1) Lord of the 3rd

(2) Lord of 5th and 9th combined

(3) Lord of the 10th

In terms of planets, the ranking of intelligence are :

(A) Moon if well placed

(B) Mercury

(C) Mars

(D) Sun

So planets in the 9th are the most intelligent and of these, the Moon takes centre stage, Moon being the mind, and provided the Moon is well placed and what better placement than in the 9th.

If you have someone with the Moon in the 9th, you know the person is extremely intelligent.

Let's have a look at my D-11 future chart.

Moon is with Venus in the 12th. Venus is the 5th lord. Venus is also a natural benefic. Both Moon+Venus gets a trine from a Jupiter, another natural benefic, and Jupiter rules the 10th of intelligence.

North Node Rahu rules the 9th is in the 1st in Gemini, a Moolatrikona sign. It is also Vargottama of Mercury ruled sign ie. Gemini. It is also in the Nakshatra of Jupiter, Punavarsu one of the most mental Nakshatras.

Mercury is in Virgo exalted in Kendra, a Great Person Yoga. Mercury in the 4th fully aspects the 10th and it rules the 1st. It is also Vargottama in Virgo and is in the Nakshatra of Mars, Chitra.

The Rasi Tulya Navamsa of the Moon is in the 9th!! And the dispositor is Saturn and Rahu and Rahu has already been analysed above.

My 10th house is thus flanked by the Moon in the 9th (under Rasi Tulya Navamsa) and Sun in the 11th house and Sun rules the 3rd, the secondary house of intelligence. The 10th house is also fully aspected by Mercury in Virgo in the 4th.

And last but not least, Saturn is the Nakshatra ruled by the Moon, Shravana. Mars+Ketu+Jupiter all fall under the Nakshatra ruled by the Sun ie. Uttara Ashada. Sun itself is in the 11th of gains. The natal Moon's position in the 12th also falls under the Nakshatra of the Sun, Krittika. Venus is under the Nakshatra of the Moon, Rohini.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Intelligence Revisited

Post by elipsis » 29 Jun 2012

I'm of the view that extreme intelligence is the real reason behind mental disturbance - intelligence is always distinctive and argumentative, therefore the native is prone to become insensitive to the surroundings. Weak moon is the main reason for it. Gary Kasparov the famous chess player has debilitated moon in Ascendant and the main reason for his intelligence is moon itself.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Weak Moon yes. But I would not consider Moon placed in the 5th or 9th dharmic houses as weak nor being associated with the 5th or 9th lord. They are not argumentative either, like the Upachaya houses for example. Unless the Moon is conjuncting with a lot of natural malefics.

Weak Moon would give metal disturbance but that is not the sign of intelligence. Argumentativeness is shown by a malefic Mercury like in the 6th and not by a weak Moon. However if a weak Moon and a malefic Mercury combined, then of course the results would be horrific.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

2nd paragraph in the last post re-written.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 29 Jun 2012

In my exp, weak Moon creates distinct opinions but Moon in cardinal has controlled intelligence. I think we should draw a line here, intelligence is only a public display of knowledge gathered from Jupiter or Mercury or some other combination you mentioned in your post, but doesn't necessarily mean the native is right all the time.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Moon in cardinal is strong.

But Moon likes to be associated with the 5th or 9th, either by placement or association with the lords, more so than even Venus. So Moon having association with these houses are strong provided it does not associate too much with natural malefics as already mentioned. With too many natural malefics associated with the Moon, not only is the Moon weakened, but it creates distinct opinions of its own which is not intelligence.

Intelligence by the way is not only knowledge which is held sway by Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter and secondarily by the Sun.

Moon is the mind and hence the natural comprehension of the things at a glance if well placed. Not so much knowlege.

Mercury is knowlege+intellgience.

Jupiter is knowledge+wisdom. Wisdom is more of precepts and not so much what is in tuned with the enviironment which Moon (but must be well placed), Mercury, Sun and Mars has.

Saturn is detailed knowledge. Again not so much intelligence.

So this post is about intelligence and not knowledge. And a strong Moon, not just by cardinal placement, but by association with the 5th and 9th houses with natural benefics, also do give a strong Moon. In fact the latter criterion (rather than cardinal placment) is a better counteraction to the Moon being weak through waning, darkness by being too near to the Sun etc.

babaji77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by babaji77 » 29 Jun 2012

deleted
Last edited by babaji77 on 19 Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » 29 Jun 2012

Dear Khoo,

In my case, Most of augurs said that my chart shows so much intelligency. Native is intelligent and has powerful mind. If we see Moon, mer and sat in my case, its totally differ as per your view. My moon is not in cardinal house. It is in scorpio house (3rd house) in the nakshatra of jyestha(ruled by mer). Also retro Sat (5th lord) is aspecting on moon. Here retro Mer is becoming 1st and 10th lord placed in 6th house and also exchanging with sat (placed in asc). It is true that i have argumentative and intensive nature.
Can you tell me how my chart shows intelligency? There are so many negative points like Moon is debilitated not in cardinal, mercury is in 6th house becoming malefic etc in my case then how it could possible that shows intelligency in my case?

Thank you.

Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 02 Jul 2012

Some more notes on intelligence and the cousins of intelligence.

Sun rules knowledge that comes deep from the soul, something that you know by virtue of being an intelligent person, and you access it via the depths of your soul.

Comprehension and Understanding - a well placed Moon, Venus. Notably these planets have something to do with relationships. Without understanding other people's motivations, one's comprehension and understanding in life is limited.

Skills and abilities. These depend on Saraswati Yoga or variations thereof. Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, the 2nd house and the 5th houses are involved.

Powerful Imagination - a well-placed Moon.

Powerful Creativity - a well-placed Sun.

A penchant for lording over others and do it well - Sun, Saturn

A critique - Mercury and the sign Virgo is involved. They can be hyper-critical if Virgo has malefic planets in it or Mercury is badly placed.

Language skills - Gemini, Aquarius, Mercury and Jupiter

Procedures and Organisational Ability - Sun, Saturn

Assessment of risk - Mercury, but long term risk assessments come under Jupiter.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

sureshk
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sureshk » 17 Dec 2012

Dear astrologers,
I furnish below the birth details of a boy who is diagnosed with low iq.
dob 20.10.1995
time 13.38
place chennai
He is having exalted mercury.what could be the astrological reason for low IQ.is there any chance that iq improvement may take place in future due to exalted mercury.
pl share your views.

suresh k

skp23
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by skp23 » 18 Dec 2012

I have Me as 5th lord, Ma as 3rd & 10th lord, Ve as 9th lord.
In my lagna chart, following are seen:
-5th lord Me sitting in 5th house own house Gemini
- 9th lord Ve is with 5th lord Me in Gemini
-Ma as 3 & 10 lord is in 2H & aspecting 5th house, both 5th lord Me & 9th lord Ve
-Mo is weak, placed as debilitated in 10th house
-LL is also placed in 5th house along with 3 & 9 lords
-Su is placed in 4th house & aspects 10th house

Having said the above, what should be my intelligence level ?

kvskris

Post by kvskris » 19 Dec 2012

hello everyone,
Below are my birth details
DOB:20th March 1982
Time:10:10am
Place:Bangalore

I have moon in 9th house in capricorn and mercury in 10th house.Moon is considered as malefic for vrishabha lagna. My IQ is also low when compared to others and that too i working in a Bank. What will the level of my IQ.

Thanks & Regards

kumar
Kalohi Balawath Kartho Satatam Sukha Dukhayo, Naranaam Paratantranaam Punya Papani Yogyathaha - Veda Vyasa