83 and 84 born people with Exalted Saturn

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
deeps
83 and 84 born people with Exalted Saturn

Post by deeps » 16 Jun 2012

Resected Members,

It is very interesting to find on this forum of so many charts with exalted Saturn. All are almost in late twenties, struggling in career or marriage issues. I read that exalted Saturn is actually a blessings for a native anf his life will be smooth. How come then they are sufferings? Furthermore, exalted saturn may denote that good karmas as I heard that Saturn is entrusted with the job of meting out justics based on individual karmas.

Thanks in advance.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: 83 and 84 born people with Exalted Saturn

Post by elipsis » 16 Jun 2012

Have you heard of this term "self made man/person"- Saturn is responsible for it, no matter what house he is in. If exalted then its good but (deep exaltation is at 20° in Vishaka Nakshatra) success comes only after a tremedous delay and hardwork- so life won't be smooth. Saturn makes you go out, become a true achiever with genuine efforts rather than depend on your parental wealth for survival. Planets like Mercury and Moon makes the native take spot decisions and sometimes bad ones leading to a big failure, the purpose of saturn is to delay these people - he makes the native cautious, wait and see type...so that he can weigh the pros and cons and arrive at a mature conclusion. People like Bill Gates, Margaret Thatcher and many others, they all had to face delays with regard to marriage and career, so it doesn't come as a surprise to me.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

deeps

Hi elipsis,

I heard that Saturn is natural karaka for delay, so don't you think exalted Saturn will give you less delay and less hardwork.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Didn't you understand what I explained about Saturn? Exalted Saturn causes more delays, sometimes delays are a good thing.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

deeps

Can you show me the sloka to support your view that exalted Saturn causes more delays?

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No need for any sloka, Shanischara means slow mover in sanskrit. That's his core nature.

deeps

Post by deeps » 17 Jun 2012

So you mean to say that exalted Saturn will give its beneficial results very late in life?

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 17 Jun 2012

Not necessarily, depends on the planetary aspects, house and the ascendant. But it is generally before 40 to 50th year. You can't simply generalize results for everybody, exalted saturn is good because it comes once in 30 years- so it's a rare thing in astrology.

deeps

Post by deeps » 17 Jun 2012

exalted saturn is good because it comes once in 30 years- so it's a rare thing in astrology.
Didn't you understand what I explained about Saturn? Exalted Saturn causes more delays, sometimes delays are a good thing.
Don't you think that more delays leads to more frustrations and getting anything very late hardly gives much happiness?

How is it that sometimes delays are a good thing?

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 17 Jun 2012

Delays causes you to reflect on your choices more thoroughly. How do you think decisions made in a few minutes will result? One kid wanted to buy a playstation but his parents didn't have the money so he decides to steal the money by hurting others, if he had waited for sometime he wouldn't have had to land himself in trouble- it's like gambling, you can win or lose. But delayed results are generally long lasting, saturn forces you to make mature choices, it slows the native for good reasons. Now does waiting give you depression? that's the problem you have to overcome through will power, there is no other way.

pray&love
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pray&love » 19 Jun 2012

One exalted planet (saturn) cannot ensure happiness and success in life......its too generic an assumption to hold true for everyone born in 83/84. You need to take into account the house lordship, affliction,aspects, relationship with antardasha lord, etc of saturn to ascertain its actual functional behaviour in a chart.

Moreover, even a benefic saturn can give you benefic results in some aspects of your life while disturbing others at the same time.

I have seen many libra/taurus ascendant charts who have gone through a lot of struggle in their life even with an exalted saturn in their chart before establishing themselves....if at all.

pray&love
Contributor
Contributor

I would also request you to get hold of a brilliant book on astrological properties of planets - Utopia and Anarchy of Stars by UK Jha.

I have never come across such a great piece of work in astrology from the contemporary breed of astrologers on this subject....its a must read for budding astrologers/learners.

pray&love
Contributor
Contributor

In my subsequent posts , i will provide examples of a few 83/84 born folks who have faced a lot of turmoil in their life inspite of having an exalted saturn and a swakshetra jupiter. However, these very placements have also enabled them to bounce back everytime they are down.

The planetary combinations in early 2003 were also similar with 3-4 exalted planets.My nephew, born 22/04/2003 , 7.32 am, Delhi being a point in case. He has had a priviledged and protected childhood till now but has not shown any signs of greatness/unusual talent as yet inspite of having a good dasha sequence of an exalted lagna lord (venus) placed in the 11th house. He has many other raj yoga combinations too.

On the other hand i have also seen many 1985 borns being branded as unlucky by astrologers because of a debilited Jupiter. A very close friend of mine, born 21/9/85 11.52 pm, delhi was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic all of a sudden at the age of 23 as soon as her 3rd lord Sun's dasha started. Her 7th lord jupiter is debilited in the 8th and aspected by her 8th lord saturn placed in 6th in its enemy's sign (mars). Also venus is afflicted by both 6th lord mars as well as 8th lord saturn.This sealed her fate.The question to really ponder is.....would it have been a different story had jupiter not been debilited in her chart, other planetary combinations remaining the same. Perhaps yes...

So, it is indeed a boon to have strong planets but how exactly their results will manifest in a person's life still remains a mystery many a times.

deeps

Post by deeps » 19 Jun 2012

In my subsequent posts , i will provide examples of a few 83/84 born folks who have faced a lot of turmoil in their life inspite of having an exalted saturn and a swakshetra jupiter. However, these very placements have also enabled them to bounce back everytime they are down.
Hi Pray,

It is a very interesting observtion that Guru is in own swakshetra, besides exalted Jupiter and yet they suffered much.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 20 Jun 2012

Hi Elipsis,

What happens when Saturn is not exalted but debiliated in a chart--will it not cause any delay then? I am asking because I am confused about this theory of Saturn.
elipsis wrote:Didn't you understand what I explained about Saturn? Exalted Saturn causes more delays, sometimes delays are a good thing.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Pray,

I saw your nephew's chart, it indeed is a very strong chart, with many exalted planets. He is running an excellent period of lagna lord Venus exalted in the 11th house. It should give him very good results, which not happening seems quite amazing to me.

Seeing his 5th lord in the 12th house, I feel, he will study in a place far away from home. His Sun major period coming next will take him abroad or somewhere far away from his home.

Coming to your friend's chart, I feel, she started having diabetes problem (though not diagnosed then) in her Venus period only because that would make more sense from an astrological perspective. You friend has a strong lagna lord apparently, but then, it is combust and hemmed by malefics from both sides, which can mean health problems. Don't take me wrong, but can't help but asking, what's the situation from career and marriage/love perspective? Jupiter can give diabetes when afflicted, but here it owns the 7th and 10th house in the chart and can damage the significance of those houses, too, at the same time.
pray&love wrote:My nephew, born 22/04/2003 , 7.32 am, Delhi being a point in case. He has had a priviledged and protected childhood till now but has not shown any signs of greatness/unusual talent as yet inspite of having a good dasha sequence of an exalted lagna lord (venus) placed in the 11th house. He has many other raj yoga combinations too.

On the other hand i have also seen many 1985 borns being branded as unlucky by astrologers because of a debilited Jupiter. A very close friend of mine, born 21/9/85 11.52 pm, delhi was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic all of a sudden at the age of 23 as soon as her 3rd lord Sun's dasha started. Her 7th lord jupiter is debilited in the 8th and aspected by her 8th lord saturn placed in 6th in its enemy's sign (mars). Also venus is afflicted by both 6th lord mars as well as 8th lord saturn.This sealed her fate.The question to really ponder is.....would it have been a different story had jupiter not been debilited in her chart, other planetary combinations remaining the same. Perhaps yes...

So, it is indeed a boon to have strong planets but how exactly their results will manifest in a person's life still remains a mystery many a times.

deeps

Post by deeps » 20 Jun 2012

Hi Elipsis,

What happens when Saturn is not exalted but debiliated in a chart--will it not cause any delay then? I am asking because I am confused about this theory of Saturn.
Hi yellow,

A very interesting observation!!!

deeps

Hi Pray,

There is a rule in phaldeepika about the ownership of Good and Bad houses. It states if for taurua lagna, mooltrikon house is libra which lords 6th house. So the overall effects will be that of the 6th house exalted in 11th house and less of lagna. Here it can mean health problems.

This maybe the reason why the dasha of Venus did not give much. Please consult others, I may be wrong.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Deeps.
deeps wrote:
Hi Elipsis,

Hi yellow,

A very interesting observation!!!

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Deeps,

That's a point well made. I have read about this rule, too, that the planet owning two houses will give the effect of the mooltrikona house more than that of the other house, in which case the effect of the 6th house of the chart being discussed will be more felt than the effect of the lagna, which can mean some difficulties and health issues, which you have mentioned. But 6th lord exalted in the 11th house is a wonderful combination in itself, though not anyway close to what lagna lord in the 11th house would mean.

6th house is the house of competition, and 11th house is the house of success, so it can very well mean in the case of the person that he will be a fierce competitor in whatever field he is competing, and his being a winner each and every time. So if he tries in some competitive examinations, if he participates in some sports, and even in his academic life in general, he can do very well, as this world is a place of competition and only the fiercest competitor goes ahead, leaving everyone else behind.

A strong 6th house gives a person tremendous stamina as well, which he can surely have. So every house has its positives, too, and just because a planet will give the effect of a dusthana, it meaning the person's fate is sealed, is not something I would like to agree with.

deeps

Hi yellow,

looks like you have very in depth knowledge of astrology. Here I recently started reading phaldeepika. So it is quite possible I maybe wrong in the assessment of the 6th house. I just know it is a dusthana house and as elipsis said that exalted saturn causes more delays, so I assumed that exalted dusthana house causes more problems.

I learnt a new thing from you about 6th house ruling competition. Maybe pray will tell us if he has competitive spirit in him. I took health issues as he is just 8 years old and not much knows anything about real world and cut throat survival.

pray&love
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pray&love » 20 Jun 2012

Hey Yellow/Deeps....there are quite a few points to ponder over in the charts we have started discussing.......its gonna be quite interesting. However, since I came back from work quite late, I dont have much energy left to spare tonight.

Will answer you queries tomorrow morning first up....nice to see you guys chipping in...tc!

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 20 Jun 2012

Yellow wrote:Hi Elipsis,

elipsis wrote:Didn't you understand what I explained about Saturn? Exalted Saturn causes more delays, sometimes delays are a good thing.
When saturn is exalted his power gets balanced, especially from 20 to 28° in Vishaka.

-In Libra, struggles yeild fruits
-In Aquarius, no struggles, less fruits

In other houses, struggles may end in failure.

This depending on the house from the ascendant, birth nakshatra, yoga at birth and finally the age of the native. Middle age period is where you'll see most influence (good or bad), old age has the highest influence. If Nakshatra lord is saturn then there will be influence throughout life, even highest in the middle to old age.

Libra being a balance, the amount of effort you put in will yield as much results, but with exalted saturn - the older you grow the less you have to put.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 20 Jun 2012

Dear Anu,

Moon has the highest influence on mind, I was about to create a thread on this later this week but since you asked I am going to explain it as briefly as possible. Moon and Mercury should always be untouched in the horscope for them to work properly- moon without any conjunction or aspect- otherwise the native is prone to temptation, distraction and confusion. This affects 90% of the people. Remember the time when you marked the wrong answers in the exams during the last few minutes, this last minute change of heart is the result of moon. I remember one guy who was saving money for his master degree abroad, all of a sudden he had an urge to buy a car, this is neither bad nor good but deviates from the original purpose. According to old texts, the purpose of moon is to defeat mercury and vice versa. So the solution is to delay any decisions we make by a few days before making the final call, because that last minute spot decisions always end up in failure if moon has other planetary influences.

Best

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Elipsis,

Thank you for answering my question so elaborately.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda