Denial or Delay of Marriage: A few illustrative examples

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Denial or Delay of Marriage: A few illustrative examples

Post by ChandraLagna » 06 Jul 2011

Considering the interest in Delay or Denial of marriage, I will present a few charts where Marriage is denied or delayed. There are noticeable differences in the two categories of charts. The examples are only a handful, but hopefully will serve to illustrate the principles well.

Sani has been consistently thought to be THE cause for delay or denial. There are other things to consider, as I will show in the examples.
1. The Neuters : Sani & Budha
2. Ketu / Rahu / Mars
3. SUN
4. 7th Lord
5. Kama Trikone in rasi
6. The same rasis in Navamsa as #5 above <<<---- Note this
7. Karaka for marriage -> Jup or Shukr
8. Placement of Moon and aspects thereof
9. Dasha / transit considerations

SO it appears that now ALL planets capable of playing spoilsport, its a miracle that anyone gets married at all, isn't it? ! :D The reality of the situation is not so bleak, as the examples illustrate. For true denial, many of the above factors are at play. Just a single one being in operation is not sufficient. But again one has to consider the role of time, the society one is born in, the age of the native etc. Too much delay is denial. Sounds like justice, doesn't it ? :wink:

Please post any other charts you may have of people that never married, or married very late.

The charts I am presenting are either in public domain, or of those people whom I have asked permission from. In case you post charts, please respect the privacy of such persons.
Last edited by ChandraLagna on 06 Jul 2011, edited 2 times in total.

--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Denial or Delay of Marriage: A few illustrative examples

Post by ChandraLagna » 06 Jul 2011

Example 1: Male native

July 9, 1938
Time: 12:00:00
Time Zone: 5:30:00 (East of GMT)
Place: 72 E 50' 00", 18 N 58' 00"

Kama Trikone

Rasi:

3: Scorpio: Rahu, Moon [ gave him fascination for opp sex, but not marriage, as rahu is deb]
7:Pisces: Sat
11:cancer: Merc

Navamsa:
Scorpio: Nil
Pisces: NIl
cancer: rahu

Other factors:
7th lord in 6th.
Karaka in 12th.
Moon afflicted with Deb rahu.
sani aspecting Moon and Asc

In this native's horoscope,
Sani, Venus, Jup, Rahu, affliction to moon, afflicted / weak Kama Trikona lead to denial of marriage. Possibly had love affair with member of a diff caste / community.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 06 Jul 2011

Arunji

a good start to a good topic.

i feel the subjects are of too kinds: those who want to marry but are denied it and those who are not interested at all. has this come across in your study? maybe less affliction to 11th house? what are the indications for these two different scenarios?
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 06 Jul 2011

a good subject.

--and a valid question raised by Kandan.....if there is a way to diffrentiate between self elected Brahmcharya vs. circumstantially denied marriage.

--I am of the opinion delays, problems and hurdles can be seen and predicted, but complete denials very hard to predict, if not impossible......just like disease/accidents can be seen and preeicted vs. deaths very hard( if not impossible) to predict
Post-mortem analysis of a chart denied marriage is alywas good learning....but forward predictions......very hard.

--In the given chart, Rahu is a horrible malefic casting it's drishti on the marriage house both in rasi and Navamsa......and shanidev is in 7th albeit freindly.

--there is no way for me to say that marriage would have been denied had I not known....but delayed / ridden with hurdels...Yes....and if the native had gotten married....life would have been problematic too.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vhb » 07 Jul 2011

Deleted
Last edited by vhb on 31 Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.
चाह गयी चिंता मिटी, मनुआ बेपरवाह,
जिसको कुछ ना चाहिए,वह शाहो का भी शाह !

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 07 Jul 2011

vhb wrote:Dear Shilp ji,

Here are the birth details of my friend who is not married till now.
DOB: 25 July 1968
TOB: 21:28
POB: 77E45,20N56

Could you you to please analyze his chart & help him?

Best Regards,
Vhb
dear vhb,

--asc. Lord shani is debilitated .

--7th Lord sun is afflicted by enemy Venus's conjunction seated in the 6th.

--Venus itself the karak for marriage is combust as it also lords the 9th dharmstahn

in D9

--7th Lord Mars is in enemy sign of Me and th house aspected by Me.

--Venus is in enemy sign of jup and badly afflicted by rahu conjunction.

--shani is also debilitated in Navamsa as it Lords the 9th house in D9

In SUMMARY:

-- a weak ascendant in Rasi...and badly afflicted one in Navamsa.

--Damagaed Dharmsthan's in Rasi and Navasma.....9th is the secondary house for looking at support towards conduct of marraige

--Venus the karak for marriage combust in Rasi and badly afflcited in Navamsa

-and 7th Lords innimical in Rasi and Navamsa.

--He is running shukra MD and if there is a willingness / desire for marriage is still a possibility....during the shukra MD.
He must chant shukra mantra...establish shukra yantra...fast on fridays.
also must offer til / tel at shani mandir's on Saturdays..and avoid non-veg/ drinks on Sat.

--shukra and shani are the two biggest problem planest for him...and appeasement of both plus desire/ active efforts can fructify the mareiage because dasa is right.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mannu21 » 07 Jul 2011

I take an example from this forum only

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 18&t=10316

Very interesting chart, with weak lagan chart but strong D-9. and Moon chart is also good pertaining to marriage.
Last edited by mannu21 on 11 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.
May Sai Bless All !

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 07 Jul 2011

kandhan wrote:Arunji

a good start to a good topic.

i feel the subjects are of too kinds: those who want to marry but are denied it and those who are not interested at all. has this come across in your study? maybe less affliction to 11th house? what are the indications for these two different scenarios?
Good question, Kandhan!

In general the afflictions will indicate that, esp to Moon or Karaka. For complete denial, most or many of the conditions listed will be satisfied. In case a few are not, then there will still be a marriage, albeit a delayed one.

In the case of this native, notice Moon+rahu. There was certainly a desire, but circumstances were such that marriage did not happen. This person drank himself to death over the next 10 years.

In case of lack of interest, there will be a stronger Ketu/SUN indications...we will see some examples as we go along.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Deleted

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Male Native.
June 25, 1963, 6 AM
2W, 54N10, timezone:0:00

Kaama Trikone:

rasi:
3 = Virgo, aspected by Jup
7th = cap, Sat
11 = Taurus, Ven + merc

Navamsa:
Virgo: Sani+ mars [ whew! - will come to this later...]
Capr: Jup, deb
Taurus: Nil

Karaka: Venus in Taurus, with neuter Merc, again with Merc in cancer

Moon: Strong Punarbhoo dosha in rasi

Denial of marriage.

Moon is terribly afflicted in Rasi and Navamsa and Shukr is with neuter Merc.

Not relevant to this discussion, but notice also the terrible afflictions to 12th.

This person never married but had a string of affairs. He was a homosexual.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 07 Jul 2011

vhb wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,

Thank you very much for replying quickly & helping him. :D
shilpa wrote:He must chant shukra mantra...establish shukra yantra...fast on fridays.
also must offer til / tel at shani mandir's on Saturdays..and avoid non-veg/ drinks on Sat.
It's very kind & nice of to suggest Upaya for him.I am really grateful to you.I would like to make one more request on behalf of him.As I don't know what exactly "Shukra Mantra"is.Could you please tell me more about it?

Best Regards,
Vhb
Om, shum, shukraye namah...in cycles og 108 times...as many cycles as possible
regards

vhb
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Deleted

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Male Native.

May 20, 1894
13:22
5;30 East of GMT
79E32, 11N57

Kaama Trikone:

Rasi:
3: Libra, No planet
7: Aquarius, mars
11: Gemini, No planet

Navamsa:
Libra: NIL
Aquarius: neuter Merc, Mars
Gemini: Jupiter

Moon: In Rasi aspected by Jup, Merc, SUN
IN Navamsa with Rahu

Note the strong spiritual influence on Moon. Plus, the Punarbhoo Yoga.

Karaka: Shukr exalted in spiritual Pisces, associated with Rahu aspected by Ketu and Retro Sani

In Navamsa, Shukr in Cap

Summary: Moon is subjected to strong spiritual influence Shukr is in Pisces, aspected by Sani

Denial of Marriage by the individual. Highly spiritual person

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 07 Jul 2011

Arunji

1894? Where did you get this chart? :)

another thing: AK is Saturn. Ramanaji has stated in another thread that Saturn as AK will not give results of its houses. For leo Saturn is 7th lord.

Twelveth lord in 4th with high paksha and dig bala. in Scorpio. only hitch in his spirituality maybe Mars aspecting lagna though he is 9th lord?
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 08 Jul 2011

Dear Arun,
There is another clue to whether a person will get married or not. Generally marriage is seen from the 2,7,11th houses. The 12th to all these houses, that is the power of 1,6 & 10 can stop marriage.

In the 1894 chart you have given, Mercury, the lord of 2nd & 11th is combust by the 1st lord. See the lagna lord has squashed the 2nd & 11th lords. The 10th lord is exalted. The lord of 7 though in the 2nd is with shrinking planet Ketu and moreover he is the lord of 6th too.

If the dasas of the powerful 6th 10th & 1st lords operate (the power to spoil is in that order) and at the same time the houses, lords of 2,7,& 11 are defunct then you can safely predict that there wont be marriage.

The decision to avoid marriage on his own OR thru circumstances can be seen by the strength of the 3rd lord which can denote free will. Here, the lord of the 3rd is exalted and hence powerful. So, the native decided not to get married on his own and that was not forced on him.

Trust this helps
Regards,
Ramanan

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 08 Jul 2011

Thanks Sirji for providing this additional insight !

Let me explain the approach I have used, which also seems to match your suggestion of houses [ except for 2nd house].

5th from any house is whether something was meant to be, i.e. intended by the grahas. 5th from 7th = 11th and 5th from 11 = 3rd. These are nothing but Kaama trikona houses. Without Veerya or laabha, there is no divine intent for a person to get married.

The 4th from a house is the effort needed for pursuit. 4th from 7th = 10. 4th from 10 = 1st, which is Lagna. Hence this indicates the conscious effort put by the person.

Sometimes divine intent is available, but w/o effort, things may not happen. OR vice versa.

The 1894 case of lagna lord combusting the 11th lord is a valuable clue that the individual decided against marriage. That is a good insight which re-inforces the other indications that the person was meant to pursue high spiritual goals and not get bounded in worldly things like marriage!

I think my reasoning for not considering 2nd house was that this was applicable post marriage. Is this incorrect ? Please provide your valuable insights into this aspect also.

Thanks again!

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

charun

Post by charun » 08 Jul 2011

Dear respected ,
another example of never been married ...desired but never happened....so i guess we can say circumstantial , but still hopeful ....how would we differentiate this patri from one who is never interested in marriage at all...DOB:7.7.1962, POB:DELHI, TOB:21;45, GENDER: FEMALE...

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 08 Jul 2011

Thank you Charun for posting this chart.

The desire is clear: 3rd lord Mars is not afflicted. Plus there is Venus and Moon combo in 7th. Anytime Moon and venus combine, its certain there is desire for marriage.

Why this didn't happen? Lagna lord Sat is destroyed by Ketu in War. Ketu as primary owner of 10th shows difficulty in obtaining results of 11th, since 10th is 12th to 11th. Most importantly, LL is destroyed.

Also, Ven the yogakaraka for this chart is in Gandaant and in Aries with SUN in navamsa. So, his power to do good is harmed.

If you know the native well, maybe you can educate us on whether there were any opportunities in Rahu MD.
Rahu is in Ashlesha, which is a destructive Nk. We see the charts and are ever optimistic that good results will flow...see in this case where for an entire MD, Rahu did not allow marriage to happen due to his being placed in 6th and in Ashlesha Nk.
My own reading of this chart indicates that were opportunities, either for arranged and love, but nothing every fructified into marriage.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

charun

Post by charun » 09 Jul 2011

yes...rahu MD and moon antradasha, the native got engaged to an NRI, but it did not fructify , the engagement was called off by the boy,...my question here is the native is going through jupiter MD, AND VENUS antradsha....will this bring about marriage or even companionship ? also transit of jupiter seems conducive to give relationships although natally jupiter is retrograde in lagan...

charun

Post by charun » 09 Jul 2011

Dear sir,
but coming to the point of your thread..of what use is the desire if there are no chances of any desires getting fructified...? the native will live a life without a companion ?

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 09 Jul 2011

charun wrote:Dear sir,
but coming to the point of your thread..of what use is the desire if there are no chances of any desires getting fructified...? the native will live a life without a companion ?

Dear Charun,

The point is not about desire and its usefulness or otherwise. For a marriage to happen and succeed, there needs to be harmony between the intent of the grahas and the individual's efforts. One without the other does not fructify a marriage. Similar arguments apply to a situation where the grahas intend a person towards something and create an environment, but unless the person works towards it, success cannot happen.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 10 Jul 2011

sitaram wrote:Hello Learned members, I want to know if i'll every get married. I've asked b4 on these forums and marriage never happened. i think i asked about 1 year ago and i was told i would get married b4 June of this year. I have a strong desire to have a marriage and have kids. Sometimes it makes me wonder :(

details Nov 3 1978 8.09AM New Delhi

Thanks in advance!
Moon, Mars, Merc & JUP are all in Lord Shani's Nks.
Sani is in Venus' Nk and in SUN's Leo rasi.
Sani's strong aspect on Venus, and SUN. Venus in 12th but own house.

Its all Sani's game here. Lord Shani delays, but does not deny and you are in Venus' MD, which is a friend of Sani. Later half of 2012 has better chances of marriage, BUT Lord Shani has to be appeased. You may know the standard appeasement procedures, I hope.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

charun

Post by charun » 10 Jul 2011

Dear sir,
absolutely correct....i agree with you totally ...grahas can create an enviroment but due efforts also need to be made by the native in question....with regard to this native...will it ever bring a fruitful relationship in her life keeping in mind all the points negative and positive....it would be nice if you could shed some light on her status in future . thanks for much help.charun