Rahu Alone or Rahu Conjunct with a Planet

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sunny29031
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Rahu Alone or Rahu Conjunct with a Planet

Post by sunny29031 » 19 Aug 2011

Hi.
nice to see a topic on Rahu ...

coming to the implications of Rahu => High levels of energy , Unconventional etc
Saturn => Discipline , modest , lethargic . etc
I have a combination , where Saturn and Rahu conjuct in 8th house.
8th house => secrecy , miseries , etc.

29-3-1991
11-10 am
Hyderabad

So for the above , how can we predict the possible outcome ....like do we need to take the sign dispositor or .. nakshatra dispositor ...or ...aspecting planets or conjunct planets ...???
And how is Rahu dasa going to be ...? starting from 2012 ....right after my graduation ....( i'll graduate from BITS PIlani in may 2012 ...and Rahu starts from the same month ..)

thanks

Akash
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Akash » 18 Oct 2011

Shilpaji,

In page 1, you said..
shilpa wrote: a)If the conjunction planet is stronger than rahu throuhg strength in that Rasi/ house or degree....then Rahu complements the positive side of that planet.
if Rahu is at 1 Ge 18' 39.49" and sun is at 3 Ge 06' 06.64" both Ra and Su being in 8th house, would you say, Su is stronger based on degree? I ask because Ra/Ke move counter-clockwise while all other planets move clockwise. This being so, Ra is more "advanced" at lower degrees.

Both Ra and Su are in Mrigasira, which is owned by Mars. Mars (1st/6th Lord) is combust in 7th, though aspected by Ju. So I believe Ma is weak. Ke is in second house in Moola (its own nakshatra)

Could you please clarify the above and let me know what the effects of Ra and Ke?

The chart details are the same as those in the other thread/PM.

Thankyou.

Kind Regards

manderin

Post by manderin » 31 Oct 2011

Whenever I think of Rahu alone I think of the famous actor who is also most famous for his debauchery, drug use, and addiction to Prostitutes- Charlie Sheen. He has Rahu very strong in his chart. It stands alone, It is Exalted and is also in his ascendant.

vnt5007
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vnt5007 » 03 Nov 2011

Hi Khoo/shilpa ji
I am giving my details
dob: 27 april, 1976
tob: 10:09 PM(night)
pob: Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh, India
People say i have a very strong RAHU plus excellent jupiter and sun. When(which year) I will be able to achieve my full potential. Carreer wise/money wise.
PS: I am not in bad situation right now but I always feel unsatisfied.
please give me some insights after analysing my chart and suggest some remedies for doshas.
Thanks in advance.

prem999
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prem999 » 16 Nov 2011

Khoo Hock Leong
I have Saturn 19 Le 22' & Rahu 16 Le 09' in 12th house ( Virgo Ascendant ) and am currently running Ra MD. would like to seek your inputs on what this conjunction means? I have read in one of your initial posts on this thread that Rahu's conjunction with stronger planet (Saturn in this case ) will enhance the benefic side of the planet and provide energy. Being in 12th house, i am wondering what that would mean?

prem999
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prem999 » 16 Nov 2011

I have also read on a few websites that Rahu - Saturn conjunction is called Shrapit Yog , which can cause havoc . Since my Rahu MD started just an year back, i am worried immensely if this is being delivered during this dasa. In general - it has been stressful period since onset of Ra MD.

I have seen mixed information about Ra & Sa Conjunction - some call it a good conjunction and some call it bad. whats is your take? would also like to hear opinions from some of the seniors on this forum astroboy ji, Ramanan ji , astrosonu ji.

financell

Post by financell » 17 Nov 2011

Shilpaji

How will the Rahu MD be if it is in Taurus (9th) for a Kanya lagna. Rahu is in moon's star, Rohini. Moon is in the 8th in ashwini and Venus is in the 4th from lagna, Jupiter in 10th (aspecting Venus in the 4th, sun in the 2nd and Saturn in the 6th)?

financell

Post by financell » 21 Nov 2011

Shilpaji

Pls spare a few minutes for my above query madam, I would be very grateful

d0b 8/11/65
tob 04.38 am
pob Eraniel (8 21N ; 77 30E)

Humannature

Post by Humannature » 17 Dec 2011

shilpa wrote: b) If the Nakshatra Lord is weak, then Ra is directionless and brings out the darker side towards the significations of that house.
For example Ra in Capricorn in 4th has the lord Moon debilitated.....will adversely affect the academics/ study of that native

Regards
Shilpa,
Can you explain this a lil more?
obviously moon is not the lord of capricorn, so is Rahu sitting in deb moon's Nk in 4th house in the above example?
Along with Nk lord, should we also look at the lord of the house Rahu is in? So in this case, we need to look at the strenght of 4th lord, Sat, n nk lord, moon plus the strength of rahu himself based on aspects, house position etc..right?

How do we come to a conclusion?
let's say Sat is exalted(assumption) but nk lord is deb n ra is in his own house in the above example.
Which one outweighs?
Thanks

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 17 Dec 2011

Humannature wrote:
shilpa wrote: b) If the Nakshatra Lord is weak, then Ra is directionless and brings out the darker side towards the significations of that house.
For example Ra in Capricorn in 4th has the lord Moon debilitated.....will adversely affect the academics/ study of that native

Regards
Shilpa,
Can you explain this a lil more?
obviously moon is not the lord of capricorn, so is Rahu sitting in deb moon's Nk in 4th house in the above example?
Along with Nk lord, should we also look at the lord of the house Rahu is in? So in this case, we need to look at the strenght of 4th lord, Sat, n nk lord, moon plus the strength of rahu himself based on aspects, house position etc..right?

How do we come to a conclusion?
let's say Sat is exalted(assumption) but nk lord is deb n ra is in his own house in the above example.
Which one outweighs?
Thanks

1)when Rahu is standalone you must look at the Nk lordship of Rahu primarly .
2)when Rahi is conjunct you must look at the strength of the planet that it conjuncts in that house.
3)the own house rulership is almost tertiarty in my view...there is too much debate about whihc houses it rules and where it exalts and the results unverifiable. The Nk lordship and conjunction rules have been much more verifiable for me.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

vnt5007
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vnt5007 » 19 Dec 2011

Hi SHILPA JI ,
Can u please analyse my chart. I like your insights in astrology very much.
dob: 27 april, 1976
tob: 10:09 PM(night)
pob: Charkhari, Mahoba district, Uttar Pradesh, India
Thanks in advance

Akash
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Akash » 22 Dec 2011

shilpa wrote: 1)when Rahu is standalone you must look at the Nk lordship of Rahu primarly .
2)when Rahi is conjunct you must look at the strength of the planet that it conjuncts in that house.
3)the own house rulership is almost tertiarty in my view...there is too much debate about whihc houses it rules and where it exalts and the results unverifiable. The Nk lordship and conjunction rules have been much more verifiable for me.

regards
Shilpaji, could you please clarify the questions i have asked earlier? I think you missed them.. thankyou

Rag
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rag » 25 Dec 2011

shilpa wrote:
1)when Rahu is standalone you must look at the Nk lordship of Rahu primarly .

regards
Hi Shilpa,

I would be grateful if you could shed some light on how my Rahu MD (starting Feb 2012) will be - beneficial or troublesome. As far as my limited knowledge goes I feel that it should be beneficial because of the following reasons:

1. Rahu is stand alone in the 6th house, an upachaya house. It is in Sun's Nak, a Yogakaraka for Scorpio Asc which is the lord of 10th house and posited in the 9th house.

2. The depositor of Rahu - Mars, which is Lord of 6th house is in 8th house - a veepreet raj yoga of sorts and is with Jup and Ven and aspects Moon.

As I said, my knowledge is limited so i'm wondering if I'm missing something. Could you please clarify?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Rag
Last edited by Rag on 22 Aug 2012, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 25 Dec 2011

Rag wrote:
shilpa wrote:

Hi Shilpa,

I would be grateful if you could shed some light on how my Rahu MD (starting Feb 2012) will be - beneficial or troublesome. As far as my limited knowledge goes I feel that it should be beneficial because of the following reasons:

1. Rahu is stand alone in the 6th house, an upachaya house. It is in Sun's Nak, a Yogakaraka for Scorpio Asc which is the lord of 10th house and posited in the 9th house.

2. The depositor of Rahu - Mars, which is Lord of 6th house is in 8th house - a veepreet raj yoga of sorts and is with Jup and Ven and aspects Moon.

As I said, my knowledge is limited so i'm wondering if I'm missing something. Could you please clarify?

my details: male, dob: july 29th 1966, pob, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, tob: 15:07

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Rag

Dear Rag,
True...rahu will be positive for your chart.

--Rahu is in the 6th house of professions.....and Upachaya house, of growth....Rahu likes that house because it matches with it,s own inherent character.

--Rahu is in the Nk of Sun...and sun is placed mildly friendly house of Moon.....good placement by Nk I would say.

--sun is the 10th lord....and there is now an association of sorts between 6th and 10th house.

--rahu is not getting any drishtis

The MD of Rahu will be largely positive and the focus of that Dasaha will be positive 9th house significations primarily....such as good general luck, foreign travels, doing good things for father / spouse......and 10th house significations secondarily.
Rah MD should offer you opportuniites and opening to push yourself higher and higher in career matters.

Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Akash wrote:Shilpaji,

In page 1, you said..
shilpa wrote: a)If the conjunction planet is stronger than rahu throuhg strength in that Rasi/ house or degree....then Rahu complements the positive side of that planet.
if Rahu is at 1 Ge 18' 39.49" and sun is at 3 Ge 06' 06.64" both Ra and Su being in 8th house, would you say, Su is stronger based on degree? I ask because Ra/Ke move counter-clockwise while all other planets move clockwise. This being so, Ra is more "advanced" at lower degrees.

Both Ra and Su are in Mrigasira, which is owned by Mars. Mars (1st/6th Lord) is combust in 7th, though aspected by Ju. So I believe Ma is weak. Ke is in second house in Moola (its own nakshatra)

Could you please clarify the above and let me know what the effects of Ra and Ke?

The chart details are the same as those in the other thread/PM.

Thankyou.

Kind Regards
dear akash...my usual computer with all the old data has gone for repairs.....please post your date, time and place of birth again

Akash
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Akash » 25 Dec 2011

deleted
Last edited by Akash on 26 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Akash
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Akash » 25 Dec 2011

Shilpaji,

I have been looking for employment for a few months now. And nothing I have done seems to work. The reason I was asking about Rahu is in my horoscope, He is conjunct Su in both rasi and navamsa. in Rasi Su represents 10th lord and in navamsa he is 7th lord. Initially i thought it was sade sati (actually from 2007, its been extremely rough.. and 2009 was the worst) but Sa moving to Tula hasnt given me much relief

I want to know when i will get a job.. and trying to use astrology to stay sane and find answers. Applying to lots of jobs everyday isnt working.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Akash wrote:Dear Shilpaji, my details are 18 june 1983, mysore india, 1805pm
just like when calculating AK Rahu,s longtiude is calculated by subtracting from 30.

so Rahu is about 28deg 41 minutes.
the degrees must be used, when the planet conjuncting with Rahu is not clearly strong or Malefic.
However in your case sun is in friendly house of Me and Me is 12th from it making it friendly + friendly = very friensdly....therefore Rahu acts like sun and is pisitive for the chart

regards

Rag
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rag » 26 Dec 2011

shilpa wrote: Dear Rag,
True...rahu will be positive for your chart.

--Rahu is in the 6th house of professions.....and Upachaya house, of growth....Rahu likes that house because it matches with it,s own inherent character.

--Rahu is in the Nk of Sun...and sun is placed mildly friendly house of Moon.....good placement by Nk I would say.

--sun is the 10th lord....and there is now an association of sorts between 6th and 10th house.

--rahu is not getting any drishtis

The MD of Rahu will be largely positive and the focus of that Dasaha will be positive 9th house significations primarily....such as good general luck, foreign travels, doing good things for father / spouse......and 10th house significations secondarily.
Rah MD should offer you opportuniites and opening to push yourself higher and higher in career matters.

Regards
Hi Shilpa,

Thank you very much.

warm regards,

Rag

Akash
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Akash » 28 Dec 2011

shilpa wrote:just like when calculating AK Rahu,s longtiude is calculated by subtracting from 30.

so Rahu is about 28deg 41 minutes.
the degrees must be used, when the planet conjuncting with Rahu is not clearly strong or Malefic.
However in your case sun is in friendly house of Me and Me is 12th from it making it friendly + friendly = very friensdly....therefore Rahu acts like sun and is pisitive for the chart

regards
interesting Shilpaji. But does this not contradict the rules for kundalis? Several authors have stated that for vrischika lagna, Su Sa and Ra are malefic, while moon, Ju and Ve are benefic. Me Ma are neutral.

If Sun and Ra are benefic (because they are positive) shouldnt thir dasas and antardasas be also good? I can't sa Ra MD has been extremely good. I did get 3 degrees, and my jobs in it however as of now, its not a great time. Everything is being delayed and not taking shape. I'm not sure if Sa sade sati effect is still lingering.. perhaps you could enlighten me.

Govindaram
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Govindaram » 03 Jan 2012

Dear Shilpa,

My Raahu is in Ashwini Nakshatra in 12 th house for taurus ascendant and my kethu is in swati nakshatra in 6th house, I am running in my Raahu MD and Mer Buukthi. What can i expect from these positions?can it be called as parivarthana!

Thank you

Govindarajan

Ghrishneswar
Donor
Donor

Post by Ghrishneswar » 04 Jan 2012

Shilpa and Khoo,

When for all planets navamsa position is also considered, I do not see any mention of results based on navamsa position of Rahu/ketu or their navamsa sign dispositor.
Regards,

Ghrishneswar

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 06 Jan 2012

Ghrishneswar wrote:Shilpa and Khoo,

When for all planets navamsa position is also considered, I do not see any mention of results based on navamsa position of Rahu/ketu or their navamsa sign dispositor.

dear grishneshwar,

the rule for inetrpretation of Rahu's affect in Navamsa will remain the same as those for Rasi.
Excpet that Rasi chart is for material manifestations and Navamsa is for happiness, creativity and marriage specific manifesttaions.

regards