Jupiter, the secret Malefic

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
abruslep
Contributor
Contributor
Jupiter, the secret Malefic

Post by abruslep » 22 Aug 2015

Jupiter is often considered the most benefit entity in the sky, a place of godly expansion. The entire back third of the zodiac deals with developing beliefs, maintaining them, and their inevitable collapse. Jupiter signifies philosophy, culture, tradition. Out of all the signs in the Zodiac, the one that Jupiter relates to the most is the sign of Sagittarius. There are three nakshatras in Sagittarius, the first being Mula.

Mula is the beginning of the development of Sagittarius. Mula is said to be root bound. In truth though, there is this realization inherent in Mula that every reaction has an equal an opposite reaction. Therefore it is resistant to developing any sort of personalized belief structure, as it sees the conclusions played out into the distant future. This causes Mula to feel as though it is trapped within itself, unable to flow. Mula has a tendency to try to turn chaotic in a effort to free themselves from their mental bonds. Much of the time though, Mula is stuck sifting through the meaning of things and the purpose of actions. In an odd way, Mula is knows the path of Jupiter is flawed. Eventually it takes the leap of faith, and actually bind some ideal to itself, which allows itself to flow...which is where Purvashada emerges. Eventually this ideal becomes very precise in Uttarashada.

Now one must see the consequences of Jupiter, which begin in Saturnine signs. Now most people assume that Saturn is just this rigid planet, that cuts someone off from something, but in truth Saturn is just following up what Jupiter taught it. The essence of Saturn is bound to the final belief that developed in Uttarashada. This prevents Saturn from adapting. Saturn has this grand ideal envisioned and nothing lives up to that ideal. As a result Saturn struggles to try to purify. It cuts itself off, is an ascetic who will only abide by the standards that have been preordained by Jupiter. Throughout Capricorn, the plebeian mind worships the ideal. The cracks begin to show in Aquarius. Within Dhanista there is a shift into a higher mode of entitlement. Shatabhista is symbolized by 100 physicians. In Shatabhista one problem feels as though it always leads to another. Shatabhista struggles to exhaustion, trying to solve every single problem, yet it seems like for every problem solved, two more arise. Shatabhista often feels stretched thin. There is a rigidity inherent in it. An austerity that has a hint of anger. Purvabhadrapada is the place where the realization occurs. All of the repressed instincts blaze to the forefront. Purvabhadrapada has a need for anarchy, it wants to detach itself from the confines of the structure that has been created out of Jupiter ideal. This is why it is a Jupiter nakshatra, it wants to open up and free itself from its confines by "expanding".

Pisces and particularly Uttarabhadrapada deals with releasing itself from the remnants of its past. Revati has become so detached from its past that it begans to wander, searching for something in the distant to latch onto.

The point of this is to show that Jupiter has a kind of hidden dogmatic nature to it. It has the tendency to assume based on faith. The protocols that Jupiter have inherent in it will eventually result in some sort of karmic reversal.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Jupiter, the secret Malefic

Post by revribhav » 22 Aug 2015

Indeed; the classical dicta lays down
(though exceptions are also experienced)
that Jupiter is harmful to the place of its occupation
reverse effects for saturn

d-lod

Post by d-lod » 24 Aug 2015

Thats so natural, that every phenomenon has antithesis in thyself. simple example that gasousness of potato is curtailed if you eat it along with skin. Jupiter has its karmic counter part as a payoff for being benfic and that he collects trough mild malific actions.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 28 Aug 2015

I recall a saying in north india that says:-
Wherever a sadhu goes disturbance follows,
("jahan jahan paon pade santan ke
vahan vahan banta dhar")
In my experience Jupiter stands for idealism
in practical life those who stands for above are destined to suffer...

rashmi_rh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rashmi_rh » 25 Jul 2018

Dear Revribhav
I was advised by Chandralagna to consult you on my chart. my details are
DOB-9th June 1974, Time 10.10 am, Place of birth Jamkhandi Karnataka. Makar rashi so under Saturn Sade sati.
cancer ascendant.
last 2.5 years of my life has been a complete nightmare..I am running Jupiter mahadasha and venus antardasha since dec 2015 and thats exactly when all the mess began and its come to a point that im reeling under depression and suicidal. long story short, no kids - tried IVF too and failed thrice, no job and relationships are in the pits. I want a very truthful and honest review on my chart--good or bad everything put clearly.. ive been thru the worst so far so nothing can surprise me anymore. you may write to me on rashmi_rh@[No Personal Contact Details on Public Forum].com. Thanks, Rashmi

rashmi_rh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rashmi_rh » 03 Aug 2018

Dear Mr. Revribhav

Will be thankful to hear from you about my chart. Please do look at it at your earliest convenience.
Thanks and regards.
Rashmi

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 05 Aug 2018

Although the progression of the Nakshatras order shows how the influence of previous lords of the earlier nakshatras anchoring their effect on subsequent nakshatras, yet we have Pushkara padas existing within Nakshatras that would break the spell, and allow the nectar to flow through.

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 13 Aug 2018

What a great post! Thoroughly enjoyed reading that. I'm a Purva Bhadrapada native and I feel like the inherent nature of the nakshatra combined with its association with Jupiter, sattva and Brahmana qualities confuses a lot of people, but I feel it makes perfect sense.

Purva Bhadrapada is like the aghori nakshatra. It's the part of one's spiritual practice where one sees (or is forced to see, as the nakshatra is very intense and krura in its methods) the Divine in the 'ugly' the the 'evil' in the universe. Spirituality based on idealism is all well and good, but negativity is something that is part and parcel of the human realm (the yin to the yang), and unless one begins to see the Divine in the ugliness and the suffering, one's understanding of the Divine I feel is not complete as idealistic perceptions of the Lord does not result in suffering and pain being completely removed from one's experience (think of Ramana Maharshi, an incredible saint who experienced a very painful end).

If Jupiter represents a sadhu, it would represent the Aghori sadhus too. ;)

I also very much agree with Jupiter's placement in a house being negative, but it happens in a weird way. For instance, I've got Jupiter in the 7th house and I've noticed that I have way too much blind idealism when it comes to relationships. On the one hand, this makes me very confident in forming relationships and they come easy to me, BUT this very fact makes me 'slack' when it comes to actually maintaining those relationships as any sort of relationship takes work and Jupiter's approach of 'philosophizing' one's neglect towards one's relationships away does not work in the real world. This makes sense as it's widely accepted that a well placed Saturn in the 7th house can give long lasting relationships as Saturn would actually see relationships as things that require work, effort and commitment to maintain (makes sense why Saturn is exalted in Libra too)...

Great post once again!

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 02 Jan 2020

My lagna is in uttarabhadra and Jupiter in Poorva Bhadra and retrograde. Aspected by 2 malefics mars and sun and enemy mercury from Leo.

Lagna lord is weak. Life has always been out of control. Lagna and lord in 2/12.

Anything I imagine inadvertently opposite comes true. Even the most obvious results get reversed.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 02 Jan 2020

@justchill
Then look for association of the upagraha Indrachapa in lagna or with lord of lagna. That alone reverses the outcome.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 02 Jan 2020

@abruslep
You have stated that Jupiter is a malefic. That is the source of troubles. But the answer lies somewhere else. This is not matching with Parashara or other Sages who gave remedies for karmic sufferings. Jupiter is amruta. Even for Taurus lagna, its aspect is beneficial. Association with upagrahas like Indrachapa or Mrityu can develop troubles but again,it is connected with that bhava where it is posited and Jupiter's aspect remains the top most blessing in a chart.

Even though the native has a good chart, if his parents or either father or mother has Jyeshta gandanta, he will be finished off. Because kula nasa is the result for a particular portion of Jyeshta.

The nakshatras don't give same results in all 4 padas. Particularly Moola is a gandanta nakshatra. There 6 such stars and Moola tops the list in ruining a native.Mula give almost destruction in every inch of it. You have to find out the Moola nivasa first to determine the perils.

Moola-Nivasa: The Residence of Moola
Depending on the Vedic month of the birth, the Moola is said to reside in one of the three lokas (spiritual planes), the (1) The Patala Loka, (2) The Prthvi Loka and the (3) Svarga Loka. Depending on its residence, the results are auspicious and inauspicious.

So, before deciding on the evils caused by the birth in the Moola Nakshatra, one should ascertain the Surya’s Rasi as well as the Lagna Rasi at birth. When Moola is residing in this world (Prthvi Loka), birth in the Moola Nakshatra (Chandra in the Moola Nakshatra), great evil will fall on the child.

Patala loka (lower worlds): Auspicious: When birth happens in Vaiśākha, Jyeṣṭha, Mārgaśīrṣa or Phālguna.
Prtvi loka (this world): Inauspicious: When birth happens in Chaitra, Śrāvaṇa, Kārtika or Pauṣa.
Svarga loka (heaven): Auspicious: When birth happens in moths Āṣāḍha, Āśvina, Māgha or Bhādrapada.

The months of the Prthvi Loka can be translated to the following. If there are two Sun-Moon conjunction in a Rasi, then the 2nd one should be considered as the Nija Masa (original month), while the previous one is considered as the Adhika Masa (extra month).

Chaitra Masa: Sun-Moon conjunction in Meena
Śrāvaṇa Masa: Sun-Moon conjunction in Karka
Kārtika Masa: Sun-Moon conjunction in Tula
Pauṣa Masa: Sun-Moon conjunction in Dhanu

The Lunar Months as per Indian Calendar:The months mentioned here the Lunar Amanta months, which starts with the Sun-Moon conjunction in the following sidereal signs.

Meena : Chaitra
Mesha : Vaiśākha
Vrshabha: Jyeṣṭha
Mithuna : Āṣāḍha
Karka : Śrāvaṇa
Simha : Bhādrapada
Kanya : Āśvina
Tula : Kārtika
Vrschika: Agrahāyaṇa, Mārgaśīrṣa
Dhanu : Pauṣa
Makara : Māgha
Kumbha : Phālguna

Moola Nivasa Lagna
==================
Sthira (Fixed) Lagna — Moola Nivasa in Patala Loka
Dvisvabhava (Dual) Lagna — Moola Nivasa in Prthvi Loka
Chara Lagna (Movable) Lagna — Mooa Nivasa in Svarga Loka
Great evil will befall on the child birth in Moola Nakshatra, when the Moola nivasa is in Prthvi Loka both with regards the Vedic month (Chaitra, Śrāvaṇa, Kārtika or Pauṣa) and Janma Lagna (Dvisvabhava Lagna).

Phaladeepika 13.8c: If a birth occurs when the Moon is in Moola and if the Lagna should also have no connection with any of the benefic planets either by occupation or by aspect, the destruction respectively of the father, the mother or of the family itself should be expected according as the Moon is in the 1st, 2nd or the 3rd quarter.

Phaladeepika 13.8d: But if the birth be when the Moon is in the 4th quarter of Moola, there will be prosperity and wealth.

(In the case of Ashlesha, the result will be reverse.Here the first pada alone is good. Remaining 3 padas are destructive.)

Now this Moola is divided into various spans-60 parts. 1 star=60 ghatis. You have to take the right part of moola nakshatra to assess its effects:

Moola Vrksha Chakra (Krsnakant Bhardwaj)

When the nakshatra span of 800’ is divided into 60 ghatikas, each part is equivalent to 13.333” or 0º13’20”. Given below are also the ending point in the Dhanu Rasi, mapped to the eight different parts.
One may observe that most of the 3rd pada of the nakshatra is actually not inauspicious as it gives (1) happiness akin to minister, (2) ministerial status and (3) gains. Only the last 0º53’20” cause danger to the child’s life. On the other hand the 1st 3 Padas of the Nakshatra cause dangers to various family members and the lineage.

The first 1º23’20” of the nakshatra is highly destructive. Jataka Parijata suggests some variation to the results. According to that, the entire Nakshatra forbade some danger to the child and his kinsmen.
(1) 0–7: Dhanu 1º33’20”: Moola(roots): Destruction
(2) 8–15: Dhanu 3º20’00”: Stambha(trunk): Danger to family lineage
(3) 16–25: Dhanu 5º33’20”: Tvacha(skin): Danger to the mother
(4) 26–36: Dhanu 8º00’00”: Shakha(branch): Danger to the maternal uncle
(5) 37–47: Dhanu 10º26’40”: Patra(leaf): Happiness akin to minister
(6) 48–52 Dhanu 11º33’20”: Pushpa(flower): Ministerial status
(7) 53–56 Dhanu 12º26’40”: Phala(fruit): Gains
(8) 57–60 Dhanu 13º20’00”: Shikha(crown): Short life

Jataka Parijata gives another scale of measurement. Due to want of space I stop this answer here.
(We can study every star from the dreaded group of 6 stars. (I have added an url in remedies section few weeks ago.)
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 25 Feb 2020

lefteye wrote:
> @justchill
> Then look for association of the upagraha Indrachapa in lagna or with lord
> of lagna. That alone reverses the outcome.

LefteyeJi Namaste,

Sorry for late reply. I checked in Jhora. Indrachapa in the 4th house in Gemini where saturn is situated. Yamaghantaka is also in gemini. Kaala is in 12th house where lagna lord jupiter is. bhava lagna is in same nakshatra as ascendant that is uttarabhadrapada.

best regards,
jstchl

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 29 Feb 2020

justchill wrote:
25 Feb 2020
lefteye wrote:
> @justchill
> Then look for association of the upagraha Indrachapa in lagna or with lord
> of lagna. That alone reverses the outcome.

LefteyeJi Namaste,

Sorry for late reply. I checked in Jhora. Indrachapa in the 4th house in Gemini where saturn is situated. Yamaghantaka is also in gemini. Kaala is in 12th house where lagna lord jupiter is. bhava lagna is in same nakshatra as ascendant that is uttarabhadrapada.

best regards,
jstchl
Namaste justchill , There is one more point. Gulika and Pramaana Gulika. Check your Gulika sphuta and add 180 deg. The resultant is a star pada and named as pramaana gulika. If any planet is associated with this that planet won't work good for the native,even if it is a benefic. I don't know the settings for upagraha ypu are using. It is better to set Gulika in the beginning and Mandi in the end. Also please note the stars of upagraha as dispositors. If any of these upagrahas, Gulika are placed in Jupiter's own stars, Jupiter will not work as we expect. If it is in vainashikadosha, then also it is difficult to get positive results without prayers. Regards
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 01 Mar 2020

For a day birth, add 180° to the position of Gulika the previous night, Pramana Gulika is obtained. For a night birth, the position of Gulika during the day is itself Pramana Gulika.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 14 Mar 2021

Hi,

IMHO there is no secret here. As far as its nature goes, Jupiter is a natural benefic. However, it may become unfavorable because of house lordship.

Regards,
KMD

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 14 Jul 2021

Hi,

In addition to house lordship mentioned in previous post, if Jupiter is placed in debilitation / inimical signs or is placed in unfavorable houses or is afflicted by malefic planets, it may give unfavorable results.

Even when Jupiter is lord of favorable houses and is well placed and influenced, sometimes it may give unfavorable result in its dasha or antar-dasha. In such cases when rasi-tulya-navamsa method is applied it may be observed that Jupiter is unfavorably placed. In such cases, one may that Jupiter is a "secret" malefic.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 22 Jul 2021

Hi,

Another reason when Jupiter may not give the expected favorable results even though well placed and having lordship of favorable houses is if its sign or navamsa dispostor is very badly afflicted.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 18 Nov 2021

We have the classic example of most ideal lord Sri Ram, by virtue of his Jupiter in the Ascendant he is known for a life of good conduct , detachment and idealism.
4th Saturn indicates he was attached to his mothers, when he returned after 14 years vow, he met his step mother prior to meeting his biological mother ; though because of a few fleeting moments of jealosy of Kaikayee under influence of Manthara he along with his wife and younger brother had to roam in the forests for about one and half decade.
Jupiter in the 5th natives may often be seen as childless or child with futility; 2nd Jupiter is usually seen to indicate one or more daughters.

3rd Jupiter is able to restore the lost prestige of the native.

Saturn being a Karmic planet, carries the whip of a harsh teacher; however, it compensates in any house once the native is able to balance the Karma, keeps patience during the rainy days.

Neither Jupiter nor Saturn can be dubbed as good or bad for the entire life based on birth on a particular date and time.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-sign ... pal-Soni-3